Earthquake!!

Jess

Anyone else in So Cal feel that? 4.2 right in my hometown of Ventura, CA. I quick-called the roommate..."ARE MY TANKS OK!?!?"

They are :yehoo:

Jess

Thanks Sara!

Yeah, and at least you guys have hurricane "seasons, weather, and warnings"!

Anyone else in So Cal feel that? 4.2 right in my hometown of Ventura, CA. I quick-called the roommate..."ARE MY TANKS OK!?!?"

They are :yehoo:

I'm in Orange County and I didn't feel it, but I saw them announce it on CNN. 4.2 that is definitely better than a 7.2! Glad your tanks are alright.

Jess

Thanks Wake. Yeah, I'm beyond used to it and honestly they're kind of fun! But so help me if my rocks come crashing down and scratch my tank!!:flaming:

lcstorc

Oh no!
Earthquakes freak me out. Bad as the hurricanes are, I'll take those any day. Like you said Jess, at least we know when one is out there. They don't go where they are supposed though.

Jess

Yeah Lynn, most people that aren't from "earthquake country" usually are freaked out by the idea. But we get them so frequently, its no biggie. Although I was in the Northridge earthquake, lived less than 5 miles from it, and THAT was absolutely terrifying. <chills just thinking about it>

i LOVE earthquakes! they get me all excited. haha. but now that i have a tank, i get the same first thoughts as you. I live in Fullerton and i didnt feel a thing. What time was it? i was probably sleeping.

Yeah Lynn, most people that aren't from "earthquake country" usually are freaked out by the idea. But we get them so frequently, its no biggie. Although I was in the Northridge earthquake, lived less than 5 miles from it, and THAT was absolutely terrifying. <chills just thinking about it>

I feel you, my grandmother lives in Simi Valley. And she had huge cracks in her walls from the Northridge earthquake. My other grandparents moved, but they used to live in Woodland hills! During the Loma Prieta quake they lost almost everything!

Jess

Wake that's terrible about them losing everything. Sorry to hear that.

I grew up in Simi Valley, my parents still live there, and that's where I was for the Northridge one. I wasn't even living there at the time, but my friend and I had flown down from Northern Cali for the weekend since we didn't have school on Monday. I don't think that friend has ever been back!!

So scary.

Wake that's terrible about them losing everything. Sorry to hear that.

I grew up in Simi Valley, my parents still live there, and that's where I was for the Northridge one. I wasn't even living there at the time, but my friend and I had flown down from Northern Cali for the weekend since we didn't have school on Monday. I don't think that friend has ever been back!!

So scary.

Ya my grandparents lived off of Lemon Street, North side of the freeway. Kind of by the Friday's they have right there.

Jess

I know exactly where Lemon Street is. My parents are just a few lights down off Alamo, towards Sycamore. I used to go to Lemon Park all the time! Small world.

ellevan11

I heard about it, but didnt feel it. Sheesh, what is happening in SoCal? I am hoping my home stays out of the path of the fire here in Santa Barbara.. and now earthquakes....

Jess

ellevan you're in Santa Barbara? Wow! Hey neighbor! I am glad to hear you aren't being affected by the fires. Good ol' So Cal; when it's warm we have fires, if it's windy we have fires, when it rains we get mudslides. Good grief! I guess we all get somethin'....