dying corals

ieatcoral

Hi all, I have a 2 gal nano tank that I was using to grow small corals then place them into my bigger tank, but then the other day they were acting real weird and closing on me the whole day. I check all levels and they were reading fine, the next morning i decided to check the salinity and it was super high! my corals went 20 hours like this. Now my daisy died and my button polyps have not opened in 2 days and leaning over...could they be dead :( and should i remove them from the tank? and ideas to re vitalize them

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
What is "Super High"?

What did you do to resolve that and how quickly?

Any chance you can move them into another more stable tank for recovery?

ieatcoral

like little over 1.035...20 hours later (next morning) I moved them into my 20 gal where all levels are good. they have not opened up yet and are leaning over..its sad,..are they a danger if dead to the rest of the tank?

sambrinar

I'd give them some time, personally. Corals can pout for quite a long time. I have had my zoas pout for 2 weeks, although it wasn't due to high sg

untilthen

they should b fine... just watch em to make sure they dont get any diseases... my zoas got real stressed from high salinity and ended up gettin the zoa pox... jsut watch for yellow bumps