Dweezil's RSM 130D

kyley

Hey Tammy, hell of a deal on a scoly like that, wow... I want one! Not for quite awhile, but I certainly want one eventually. If you see another one like that at the LFS, let me know - I'll buy it from ya! :) Very good find! Take care,
--Kyle

Dweezil

Thanks Steve and Kyle. Good deals like that almost never happen to me. I usually hear about it when it happens to other people. hahah I just got lucky this time. I fed it last night which was kind of cool. It did not seem to like Mysis. The owner of my LFS said he liked bigger meaty foods so I had to go to my freezer and cut up a small scallop. He liked that! Of coarse I do too so we might have to fight over the scallops. LOL

Dweezil

Okay friends ~ I need your opinion. I am seriously thinking of removing a piece of rock this weekend from the tank. 2 reasons.

1) I would like to make more room on the sandbed for future purchases
2) This rock has the Digitate Hydroids that I am battling and not winning.

I used photo shop to edit out the rock to show you how it might look.

What do you think? Stay or go? I may not listen but opinions are appreciated :)

Before

DSC_0409.jpg

After

norock.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Looks fine without it. If you don't like it put a piece of dry rock in later - it won't come with hydroids! :)

kyley

I'd vote to keep it as well. But, if the hydroids are that big of a concern for you, what about just getting a new rock (or nuking the existing rock after getting the zoanthids off it and starting it over as base rock)? Side note, I find myself wanting more sand space in my tank, but with your 34 gallon I think you actually have more sand space than I do in my 65! :)
Oh, you could also push that rock back farther and maybe add a coral in front of the rock? Take care,
--Kyle

Dweezil

No Scoly farm here....can't afford that. :) I was thinking of a nice ricordia garden and some Acans though. :)

tnwillia

Take it out kill the problems and put it back later. You might find not everything will go on the sand. Have fun!

Shamus

Wow - tough one...it's like buying a house and needing to see through the crummy wallpaper the old owners put up - not that the rock is crummy wallpaper...well, you know what I mean. I actually like the rock there, but I imagine there would be a ton of potential in the space for a nice ric garden!

dankent

well the good thing about removing that rock ... its not attached to anything major that cannot be relocated, and it can allways be put back in the future ..... :)

Dweezil

:D I might just do that Tom. Those #&#*#& are HARD to get rid of and do not die easily. I might just remove that rock and leave it sit outside in the frozen tundra of what used to be NE Ohio. haha

tnwillia

I've got 4 setting on my deck now. They spent a month in a bucket of fresh water, I took them out and scrubbed them last weekend, now they are drying out and won't come back in till summer soonest if at all. You put them out to dry out and your problems should be gone in a couple of months. Good luck!