Dwarf seahorses

Does anybody know how to make diy ato out of a jam jar?I have big problem the light fell in the tank ! How can I fix the light I couldn't get the light out of the socket but I dried the rest of it? When I turn it on the base of the bulb turns orange and it flickers so I turn it of. Help

Last edited:
The replacement bulb is on the way , so I hope I don't need to replace the whole fixture . Well over the weekend I lost 4 horses and water is PERFECT sg 1.019 , ammonia 0 ,nitrite 0 , nitrate 0 , and ph 8.2 . So my guess is not enough food especially since in the begging they went almost a week without food so I have upped to 3-4 feedings a day.

chelseagrin

i dont go through all that crap to feed. i just put a pinch of brine shrimp eggs in the tank every 4-5 days and it works great! they are thriving and i have already got my first batch of baby horses. i went from ordering 4 just a month ago to now having over 20 in my tank.

ARE YOU OFF YOUR ROCKER?!!!! That is horrible for your water quality and certainly cannot be enough food . It has only been a month NOT enough time to know if they are "thriving" . How large is your tank? Did you panacure the tank?

vsiege

Sorry to hear about your horses and light Clownfishfan. that really stinks. Do you have a titanium grounding probe? Might be a good investment for the future.... I got one from amazon. I know they arent amazing to look at but they really arent that big. Let me know if you want the link ot the one I picked up.

Thanks but I havea feeling that I won't even have the horses much longer so it might just be a waste.....
They (or atleast one of them) refused cyclops today and I am having trouble with the brine shrimp again.

vsiege

No problem. The titanium grounding probe was just for an emergency. Sorry to hear they aren't eating. Check out an online YT video on their eating habits /rituals - might help a bit.