dwarf angels and lps

soriano

Do you think it's safe to keep dwarf angels like flames or bi-colors in a tank with LPS like frogspawn, torch, or brain?

Nervoustime

I have a Flame Angel in my 90 gallon tank, and he behaves for the most part. Based on my guy, he loves picking at the Brains. I have no problems with him picking on the Torch or Frogspawn, but I had to move my Brain to another tank. Every one will tell you that Angel fish in reef tanks are hit and miss. I love my Flame Angel, so it was worth the risk to me. No other issues with him yet!!!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I have a Cherub angel that has been an upstanding citizen. It is their nature to pick the rocks for algae. They pick at everything. I have not seen it pick on waving tentacle of my torch or frogspawn though.

slakker

I have a flame that I got when it was just over an inch, never had any problem so far with anything in my tank... have different LPS and SPS

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Do you think it's safe to keep dwarf angels like flames or bi-colors in a tank with LPS like frogspawn, torch, or brain?

Like Reza mentioned Euphyllias they won't touch but Brain corals, Zoanthids and Clam mantles will be nipped continuously and in some cases consumed particularly by the Bi-color.