Dropped a bollock.. Oops

Well on sat I picked up a stupid impulse buy. Condylictus anemone and a sweet lips. I now realise that the anemone is bad new and could sting all my fish and corals. It doesn't appear to have yest and has been in one day . He has settled on a leather coral which shows no indication of stress. What are your thoughts... Take it back? Thanks alot guys

6414B200-DF9F-4A34-8A97-54396B73FCBF-325-0000002A05D965D9.jpg

00409EDE-E01B-47DE-B2F5-AD70F2238631-325-00000029FCA35B86.jpg

4EF782C1-8B6F-4454-8F6D-95AD9A6A27D3-325-0000002A014FD370.jpg

soco

Condi anems can definitely sting your tank inhabitants. If you are not sure about it you should probly take ot back

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

mattreidy

My hatian condi stays put (up high) and is one of the centerpieces of my tank - I've had it for about a month with no issues (yet).

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
My Condy kills lps. Irritates zoas n sps. Haven't seen it around my leathers. Bigger question. Which means more to u, the leather or the nem.

..........rarely am I speechless

ausreef

id also look at taking the sweetlips back,they grow really fast to over 2ft and lose there attractive pattern

id also look at taking the sweetlips back,they grow really fast to over 2ft and lose there attractive pattern

Yea just put him in for a bit as he looked cool. The lfs will take hi back when he is a bit bigger. Looking to upgrade to the rsm 650 in the new year. Absolutely love having my first reef tank, alot of learning on the way but that's the fun of it

My Condy kills lps. Irritates zoas n sps. Haven't seen it around my leathers. Bigger question. Which means more to u, the leather or the nem.

..........rarely am I speechless

I love them both equally I reckon. I'm tempted to just monitor the situation as he has not moved from this spot. Mayr he is content and won't sting the leather . Or maybe I'm plain stupid lol

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
New fish to me... been reading up on the cool looking sweetlips... looks like it will be a challenge and 33" eeeeekkkkk

Scientific Name Plectorhinchus orientalis
Reef Compatible No
Care Level Expert-Only
Disposition Semi-aggressive
Min. Tank Size 125 gallons
Mature Size 33 inches

This fish requires special care and is traditionally difficult to keep. It is, therefore, recommended only for the advanced aquarist or for aquatic research facilities.

New fish to me... been reading up on the cool looking sweetlips... looks like it will be a challenge and 33" eeeeekkkkk

Scientific Name Plectorhinchus orientalis
Reef Compatible No
Care Level Expert-Only
Disposition Semi-aggressive
Min. Tank Size 125 gallons
Mature Size 33 inches

This fish requires special care and is traditionally difficult to keep. It is, therefore, recommended only for the advanced aquarist or for aquatic research facilities.

Well this morning I got up early to take the fish back to the lfs only to find my crabs munching on the poor fishes body. I havd made the decision to not stock tank any more until I canGet the rsm 650 early next year. A it project I'll be lookig at using utility room rto stor ro and saltwater on tap I the tank on other side of the wall

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Sorry to hear you lost him :( we have all made impulse buys, the RS family a great place to ask questions 1st, it just seems we all in this hobby learn as we go... I have done it too, with a few corals when I was starting out and lost them - I now see livestock I want at lfs & if it's new to me - I come here to RS and always get some great & save some dollars

Here a good :read: written by the owner of RS Travis Staut

10kFriendsArt.