Dosing pump selection?

FishinBob

Hey everyone wondering on choice of dosing pumps I'm contemplating 3 drews dosing pumps or the bubble magus t-101. 3 drews would run 230ish diy with project box, or 3 standard, no timers( but easier when I get the apex sometime but also takes up 3 outlets) bubble magus doser is all in one timers one cord and setup for around 250! I know with the apex I could control the timing and such but won't be getting one until I can save a bit... Would rather keep the tank stable then whistles and bells! Any suggestions?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'd suggest looking into a GHL ProfiLux dosing pump. You can get Stand Alone or get one that's controlled via a GHL ProfiLux.

steved13

PREMIUM
+1 I have the GHL stand alone, 4 channel, I've had it for over a year works great, very easy to setup, and program. Expensive, but IMO worth every penny.

DaveK

Perhaps the first question should be, what are you going to dose with your pump? That may effect pump selection. I'm not calling Al or Steve wrong, but depending upon what your plans are for the pump, the choice of pump could change.

FishinBob

Just looking to dose 2 part and mag dosing for now... Most people don't need to dose mag to often I have quite a few mangroves and they are constantly using up my mag. Not looking to break the bank either I'm quite inclined to go diy buy pumps and separate housing and use on timers untill I can get the apex but a all I one unit for the same price( when u add in timers and powerstrip)