Do wrasses hide

Basile

I got a wrasse thats hidding today. i know at night she goes and hides to sleep, but during the day is that normal. She's been in the tank for 2 weeks now. And was in complete accord with the clowns. I introduced a bullet goby about 4 days ago and she was fine with it. I'm thinking sickness, but she seemed ok yesterday. Unless its a normal behavior on their part. Can anyone help. thanks.

Basile

What kind of Wrasse?

Solonaris his in he cute ? He was hiding between 2 rock and i disturbed him , i tought he was dead so i when to touch him , he's alive alright he's just hiding today. the first time since i got him really.

Photo246.jpg

seafansar

I had one of those. He was really shy and hid a lot. Great fish! Unfortunately mine didn't make it during the move. :(

Basile

I had one of those. He was really shy and hid a lot. Great fish! Unfortunately mine didn't make it during the move. :(

Mine was always out , its the first time , something must of spooked him OFF, or something. He's been here 2 weeks and its his first time doing it.

johnmaloney

nice fish! I have only dealt with a handful of wrasses, and not your species. But just about all the Atlantic species are swimmers, swimming around from rock to rock looking for meals in the wild, they aren't a "find a home" type of fish, like an angelfish lets say. My wrasses are pretty active and don't really hide, but sometimes they like to swim around behind the rocks.

Basile

Well he's out today and he's fine, got scared for a while, but he's alive. The little S... lol.

nightfire76

i used to have a wrasse that was almost a foot long,forget what kind it was,but anyways,he was a huge baby and went a hid from anything and everything lol ever notice if we ever dont see one of our fish for a few hours to even a few days,we all freak out lol maybe they say to them selves hey this guy/girl bought me,stuck me in this box....let me scare them for a while lol

crustman

Some wrasses hide and sleep in a deep sand bed. The Leopard does this. I don't know about the one you have. It will be out more when it adjusts to your tank.