DIY Seaclone skimmer upgrade :D

Willie McDaries

I finally found something a seaclone skimmer was good for...a look down camera box :D

IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

after cutting out the section I needed and gluing the disk on,I drilled and mounted 3 thumb screws to hold it onto the camera lens,it works pretty good...here's some top down pics :D

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2603.jpg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Awesome Willie! You have such great color in your tank it isn't even funny

DaveK

I got to give the OP a lot of credit. They actually found something usefull that can be done with a Seaclone skimmer. I don't think this has ever been done before. In addition, it keep the Seaclone from falling into the hands of some other unsuspecting reef keeper.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Willie dude, that multi monti is A-mazing. Wow.

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

Willie McDaries

Nice pics!!

Outstanding pics willie!

Willie dude, that multi monti is A-mazing. Wow.

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

thanks guys :D Matt,I was hoping the sour apple monti would grow as fast but it isn't,I may start trimming the red/orange monti back some to give the sour apple more room,I love the 2 together too,it looks so much better from the top down than from the front of the tank

I got to give the OP a lot of credit. They actually found something usefull that can be done with a Seaclone skimmer. I don't think this has ever been done before. In addition, it keep the Seaclone from falling into the hands of some other unsuspecting reef keeper.

:LOL: thank you Dave,some other unsuspecting reef keeper,I like that......I wouldn't give those to someone wanting in the hobby for fear they would later burn my house down :lol:

I have 1 more to figure out a use for.....I will say that the MJ1200 powerheads have been awesome as powerheads