Diving at the Light House in Belize

mwrager

Cool, I would love to go now, but the trip is in July. I am looking at getting an under water Digital camera, or just a normal under water camera so I can post picks. Like I said I will be doing 4 different dive trips this year all in 2 months.

ScottT1980

OK, just a couple more...Here is an SPS amongst a number of staghorn skeletons. Who says you need actinics :D :

ScottT1980

Snorkling in what they call, shark and ray alley. Tons of nurse sharks and rays. They began congregating initially because boats would dump chum, bait, etc... here after fishing and now can be more attributed to the tourism industry:rolleyes: :

ScottT1980

I miss it, probably the best trip I have ever had. Be sure to post some of your pics this summer MW, I would love the nostalgia...

Take er easy
Scott T.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
That must have been awesome Scott, I wish I would've taken some pics when I went snorkling in St. Thomas. The fish would eat right out of your hand. BTW great pic of the Passer Angel;)

dgasmd

I am glad I don't go diving. If I did, I would be doing hard time by now from all the frag that "just fell" inside my pockets.:D :D :D :D

Playa

Looks like you had a blast Scott.

Mark you will have a great time in Belize no doubt. Mark, maybe on your way to the keys you can take a little detour towards Palm Beach(not world class reef diving) but not bad either. You could also pick up a frag or 2 at our place.

openbrain

The water is definately cold up here, but to be able to see reef fish, on a walk on dive, within driving distance of my house would be worth it.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I hear ya openbrain I wish I was certified I certainly would try it just gotta watch out for the sharks
:yummy:

openbrain

Yes, I have one. Haven't been diving for a long time (Teri won't dive in the cold water) but the last dive I made in the middle of July the water temp @20' was approx. 50 deg. At that temp it took about 20 min. to get cold.

mwrager

Wow the coldest I have dove at was 63F. And I thought that was cold, my hands, face and feet were the first to get cold.

strat

costa rica rox too.... i worked as a divemaster there for a season. not a lot of corals, but tonnes of wildlife, go to the bat islands and catalina islands(northern pacific), lots of bull sharks and manta rays. great stuff, have fun

any other questions lemme know

strat

BigReepher

:drooool: When my kids are grown, I'll spend their inheritance on a trip to Belize or Australia. I'm hoping to take them to the Keys later this year.