discusdean

discusdean

hi there new to the forum but not new to the hobbie currently have one 225gallon reef and one 150 gallon fish only thought it would be cool to meet and greet like minded hobbiest would could help in my pursute of a well established and healthy system.hope to up load some pics and details soon but in essence my passion is hard corals and bi valves to which my system is home to quit a few.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:welcomera to Reef Sanctuary!! Wow...2 big tanks! Can't wait to see some photos!

discusdean

yeah started out small but found that over time had to get bigger but in england hard to find good quality livestock and fraggs

discusdean

system settled really well so get away with a ten percent change once every 6 weeks so use about 30 kilos a year give or take.use quiet a high level of equipment to aid this.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Wow...I am anxious to see your set up. It sounds high tech. Hurry up with those pics! :D

What fishes do you have in the fish only set up?

discusdean

fish only holding one snowflake moray at 18 inch,one dragon moray at 18-20 inch ,one large dog face puffer and one small dog face puffer and finally one 5 inch queen angel.had another fish only 110 gallon till last month holding a rehomed banded bamboo shark at over 24 inch but got to big and now swims free in a oceanarium.

the reef is stocked very lightly with a gobie a pair of clowns and three yellow tangs amongst critters

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Sounds awesome!! You must have had these fish for a long time. How long have you been into marine tanks? I am guessing your 'lightly stocked hard coral tank" is beautifully packed with SPS coral! ;)

Gina

RS STAFF
Hello and Welcome discusdean! Another reefer from across the ocean! We have several member here who are also from England!
Have to agree about having to get a larger tank. We started out with a 46g and now can't wait till we can move to upgrade to a 200-210 at least!
Can't wait to see the pics!

discusdean

it good to find some like minded people that are in to the same mad science as me.been keeping sw for about 10 years but avidly for about 6 so eel is about 3 years old now both good feeders and will feed by hand if in the mood .my reef is currently home to 14 species of hard coral give or take a species or too off acro that i cannot ident and three species of gogonians and some 8 species of soft coral and xenia