Dentoid's Reeforama

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thought I'd update with some pictures of my fishy friends!:D

DSC_0010-11.jpg

My female Perc hangs out in this RBTA.

DSC_0011-13.jpg

My male Perc hangs out in this frogspawn. They occasionally share the BTA.

DSC_0009-14.jpg

This Mystery wrasse looks like he is wearing a mask!

DSC_0014-5.jpg

Female Mandarin. My male disappeared shortly after I added the female!

DSC_0012-12.jpg

I'm amazed at how big this guy has gotten.

DSC_0015-7.jpg

Peppermint Candycane hogfish. They don't call it a hogfish for nothing!:lol:

DSC_0028-2.jpg

This is the first fish I put into my tank.

lcstorc

Very nice. How did you get so many good pics? Did you tell the fish to sit and stay?
That RBTA and clown are great.

tbittner

Your mandarin looks nice and plump. I love the coloration on those. It seems like everytime I see a beautiful fish, I think "That's my favorite!" but the mandarin is in a class by themselves. :)

framerguy

Dang nice pics Scott! Your female mandarin must be part black widow or something since she got rid of her mate. I really like that hawkfish, I can't remember but am too lazy to go back and look, ...does he leave the shrimp alone?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks Greg! I have had no problems with my Hawkfish and the shrimps. In fact I have seen the Cleaner shrimp on the Hawkfish. :eek:

It was strange because the male Mandarin was very robust. For the first 2-3 days I saw him following her around the tank, no aggression, just curiosity. Then I stopped seeing them both for about a week, which was unusual. Then I finally saw the female and she is out and about all the time now. I have not seen the male in over 4 weeks. I can only speculate as to his disappearance. I guess it is possible that the female killed the male, but he was bigger than her. I have a rather large flower anemone and 2 large serpent stars. It's possible that one of them got him.:dunno: Thanks for stopping by!

framerguy

You bet! I was kidding about the black widow thing, I'm sure he met his demise some other way. I'm maxed out but am thinking of the larger tank for the hawkfish. They are so interesting to watch, lot's of personality! Now I just have to get a larger tank...with a house attached to it!