Dentoid's Reeforama

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thats a good point, He was having a party when she first showed up, who knows what can happen at a good party. LOL!

:laughroll Yeah Matt! I don't see stars, instead I see Pink elephants and Orchid dottybacks!:lol:

Michael, you relly know how to move me into action!

BarbMazz

I have a Skunk cleaner and 2 fire shrimps. So far so good. The shrimps are equal in size or bigger than the Longnose, he doesn't bother them. My understading is that the Longnose, although it will eat smaller shrimp species, is the most reef safe of all the hawks. To tell you the truth, I don't think my Longnose could open his mouth wide enough to even grab the shrimps I have.

Just make sure your shrimps are larger if you want a Longnose hawk!

I saw a Longnose Hawkfish at the LFS when I picked up my tank... reallly cool looking fish! Very agile and quick moving.

Jeff, have you read elsewhere what I told you about them? With the reading I do on fish I've noticed that some very different opinions are given on the same kind of fish depending on where you read. I imagine different authors report behaviors they've noticed, but that might just be that individual fish. I'll be interested to hear what you decide to do. Hope I didn't put you off!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Heeeeeeeeer's Kelli!​
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

DSC_0005-13.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Actually, that's not the true color! She's more of a fuschia color, not blue. I guess my camera couldn't register her color, also she hangs out in a cave and there is no light penetration there.