Dark blue clown goby?

Stacef

I just got a clown goby and it's very dark blue. I have researched clown gobies, so no one jump on me for that, but have not seen dark blue ones.

Anyone have any info/links on them? I can't seem to find any, or I'm just internet impaired today..

michael_cb_125

It is probably a variant of a black glown goby. I have never seen a clown goby described as Blue (individual species or color form). But I have seen black clown gobies that were more charcoal grey or blue than black.
IMO this is what you have.
~Michael

Chelsey

The owner of Fraggle Reef had a light blue clown goby over a year ago...I don't know if he still has it or not but it was awesome. If I ever find one of those I will be one happy person.

Stacef

I figured that might be the answer--that he's a black one. I will take pics in a few, he's SMALL so can't really zoom in. He's perching on the GSP's right now. He has plenty of those to play in! Got him for only $6,

Thank you all for the help!

Stacef

I can't seem to find him, I'm sure he's just very nervous, he's very small, about the size of my chromis. I have absolutely so worries of anything eating him, just waiting for him to get comfortable enough to come out and say HI! My lawnmower blenny stayed hidden for about 3 days, so we will wait a few more before I start worrying..

lcstorc

If he is the size of a chromis he is much bigger than any of my clown gobies. My yellows are itty bitty and the citron is still very small.
I can't wait to see a pic of this fellow.

Stacef

My chromis are small, no bigger than I would say an inch. So he's a small guy, if yours are much smaller I bet they are ADORABLE!

Stacef

Thanks for all of the help guys, the camera is sitting right next to the tank, and I check in like every 10 minutes to see if he is showing his face yet!

Stacef

It was too good to be true... He didn't make it. Don't know what happened to him. He was VERY very small. I have a few pics, they didnt turn out like I'd like them to. And actually I stopped taking them (during acclimating) and said to myself, I'll get more once he's in the tank.

I really wish I knew what was the matter, he was VERY unique, was definately a dark blue instead of black.

So for now, that proved to me to just let the tank be. No more adding anymore fish, only corals :)

Stacef

I will dig them out today, they were turning out VERY fuzzy so I didn't post them, I will have to find them in my mess of files!