Damsel ID needed :-)

sharks

Contributing Member
Damsel ID needed :)

I have this one on hold at the store. A customer returned it and I have no idea what it is.
It’s mostly pink. Has a little yellow at he nose and tail and a black spot near the dorsal fin.

Any idea? Anyone have a good site with pics of damsels? I looked for an hour with no luck.
Not on Dr fosters, The marine center, RS, RC, RAG,…
I’m running out of sites so I thought I would ask.
I’ll know it if I see a pic :confused:

I’m also thinking of taking one of these…
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=21&pCatId=110

They will go in the 72FOWLR

ReefLady

Staff member
First one sounds familiar... name eludes me. Try www.fishindex.com or www.fishbase.org

The second is commonly sold around here as an "azure damsel." same basic care requirements and aggressiveness as your run of the mill blue devil.

I had 2 azures and a sargeant major for about a week before they perished in the fire. Love those azure damsels. One thing I'd like to do in the future is run a "damsel tank." Something like a 55 stocked with damsels. My theory is that they may act like african cichlids when overcrowded- less aggression because no one can set up a territory. I think it would make for a beautiful display. :)

T

sharks

Contributing Member
Thanks TG & T but no that's not it ;)
Since I work there I will leave them at the store until Monday and tomorrow I will take a few pics.
The owner says he is nasty...worse then a blue devil but can’t give me an ID.
The azures I'm not worried about. When I take these 2 home I plan on taking this large batfish as well. They are nothing but eating pooping fins in a tank. If I get a nasty damsel it may beat up the bat.

I will post pics ASAP of all of them.

Thanks for the links and the quick reply :D

BoomerD

Take a different look at the Talbots:
Chrysiptera_talbotiKBR2.jpg

From WetWebMedia.

sharks

Contributing Member
Thanks guys it is a Talbots :)
It looks more like that pic you posted Boomer
I need more practice taking pics of fish but here are 2 I just snapped.
I can’t get the pink to come in the pics but I do like this damsel.
I will pick them up tomorrow and decide then on the bat.