cross hatch trigger

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
semi reasonably priced male cross hatch

I'm not sure those words are "belong" in the same sentence.

that's similar to "Jumbo Shrimp"

LOL!! :)

cioutlaw

Never seen a cheap Crosshatch like Al said.

Look at the Blue Throat Triggers, they go for a little lass & still a beautiful fish.

""I currently have 3 male crosshatch triggerfish size 9"-10" available for $250 each, and 2 4" baby crosshatch triggers for $300 each shipped""

I know a guy that has this deal.. is it good??
but not CHEAP!

cioutlaw

""I currently have 3 male crosshatch triggerfish size 9"-10" available for $250 each, and 2 4" baby crosshatch triggers for $300 each shipped""

I know a guy that has this deal.. is it good??
but not CHEAP!

Thats dirt cheap, ive seen 6" males for $400-$500 & a pair I saw for $1000. Might be because he is having a hard time finding a buyer for a 10" fish. Smaller Crosshatch Triggers dont have great colors so a 4" might not be what you expect.

jeffreyKTM

found a 7 in. cross hatch over the holiday for 300.00 and it was a beautiful male....the store that had it, to my dismay, would not sell it to me because they said it was cruel to keep a crosshatch in any thing smaller than a 150 gal setup....he said my 94 gal was going to be too small....is this true?everywhere I have seen said a 75gal would be good for 1 cross hatch....when I got home my local reef shop had a surprise for me they found me a nice 5in male but I am shelling out 400.00 for that one which is going to arrive there on tuesday....am I wrong for wanting to put a 5in crosshatch in my 94 corner.....which btw has alot of open swimspace because my rock structure is a center pyramid....

barbianj

I think they were referring to the length of the tank. I would say that it is not cruel to put a 5" crosshatch in your tank, but he will grow larger. It's suprising to see a lfs turn down a sale. It's gotta tell you something....

myerst22

barbianj I think they were referring to the length of the tank. I would say that it is not cruel to put a 5" crosshatch in your tank, but he will grow larger. It's suprising to see a lfs turn down a sale. It's gotta tell you something....

Have you ever kept a Crosshatch? A 94 corner is not suitable for a 5" crosshatch. They need serious space. I had a 6" male in a 180 and the fish was cramped and many others who have kept them can attest to how much room they need. So nice to hear a LFS not sell a fish. Unheard of but great to hear. You should consider yourself very lucky to have such an honest LFS. I worked in one for 5 years and to BS they told people and I have to admit I was a bit guilty of it myself, though it had more to do with lack of knowledge rather than deceive someone. Try a Sargassum. They are a great trigger and highly underrated. Hope this helps. T

jeffreyKTM

the crosshatch is coming.....I already know the tank will be too small but I have taken out most of the other fish and made as much swim room as possible. I have made arrangements to buy a 180gal tank stand and filter which I will take a couple of months to set up for the hatch to move into.....for now the 94 will have to do.....once it was ordered I would not back out.....hopefully I can keep him fat and happy till the move.....then I can put my Undulated trigger in the 94......so for a temporary home will a 94 do?