CPR BakPak 2r mod help needed

EdgeKrusher

This is to all you guys and gals that have and or are using the MaxiJet 1200 mod for your CPR BakPak 2. Does yours actually skim? Cuz I've been running mine with the mod for about 2 months now and am getting very irritated. Why? cuz the stupid thing hasn't even filled the collection cup once! Do you see where the frustration lies. I buy the MJ 1200 cuz I don't want to burn down the house, or electrocute myself, only to have a usless skimmer. I've tweaked, fiddled, diddled, and adjusted the air intake so many times and nothing. The cup is about half full right now, and it's been that way for weeks. The buildup on the surface of the water is unsightly, and I'm ready to take my chances with the RIO 600 again cuz that seemed to kick the MJ 1200 but in the skimming area. with the RIO 600 I would empty the cup at least 3 times a week. Please help cuz I know I'm doing this wrong, and I don't know exactly what or why I'm doing it wrong. :flaming:

Thanks

drdrew

try cleaning the intake neck of the skimmer collection cup....if it's been weeks, then it is too dirty to properly skim.

Craig Manoukian

I gave up on my Bak Pak II as a skimmer because the Rios burn up too fast and it is a royal pain to adjust.

I have turned it into a water circulation vessel that holds my heaters out of sight. My Seaclone 150 runs circles around the BP II and the Maxi Jet 1200 on it runs like a champ. Nice wet foam and tons of skimmate.

I agree with drdrew that you need to clean the collection cup regularly. I clean mine 2 - 3 times per week. Make sure dry it well and it will take less time for the foam to do its job.