couple of new little frags

aaromano

Picked up a small Pavona frag and when I opened the box the seller had thrown in a chalice frag as well. Mag mounted them to the side glass.

pavona little fuzz ball
dsc001352.jpg

Chalice kind of turquoise and brown

DSC00140.jpg

aaromano

yeah those are crazy glued to an epoxy coated magnet and then put another magnet outside the aquarium . Got the idea from another thread here.

lcstorc

Just a guess here but it would make it very easy to acclimate them to the light that way. Then the magnet could be removed and the coral mounted in the rock.

Jess

Again though Lynn, why would that be easier? Just because you can put them higher up if rocks didn't "allow"?

lcstorc

More adjustable. At least on my rocks I have several heights I can place things but not anything in between. This way you could move it an inch every day or so.
Just a guess though.

aaromano

The real reason I did it was to exploit the space. I'm planning a new bigger tank soon as I have run out of space and when the deal on the Pavona frag came up... well you know how it is . I could position these two well away from any neighbors, get them in the right light and flow, and not worry about compatibility with close neighbors. I bought epoxy covered magnets and attached to frags but check on ebay I've seen magnetic frag discs listed.

i do the same thing. i have a green slimer and a green monti cap glued to magnets. the monti is actually glued to the magnet and has started to grow back on it.. so soon you wont even be able to tell.