Coral? Or...

Tsao

I've recently noticed a few things that must have come with my LR. One is alot of yellow, translucent tubes with a yellow stem like thing and when you put your hand near them they retract partially. I don't think it's a feather duster because there's no feathery duster type thing. The second is a small red circle (very small, less than a millimeter i'd say) with white dots around the circle. No pictures yet, I'll try to get some tomarrow, but with a barely detailed description, any ideas what they might be?

Cassette87

Sound's like the yellow could be some plain yellow polyps, cant really say anything more until we see the pics :)

Tsao

img2874rp0.jpg

img2872pe9.jpg

Tsao

They don't have the flowery type thing of yellow polyps... It's just a skinny tube.

Cassette87

The first one just seems to be a congregation of some sort of tube worms, similar to feather dusters, and the second maybe some type of anem. Hopefully someone with better eyes/knowledge for ID's will speak up :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I can't really see them in the pictures but that green stuff is bryopsis algae. Very nasty stuff. You will want to get that out as soon as possible before it completely takes over. Start off by pulling it manually and doing water changes. Are you toping off with tap water?

Tsao

I had a huge problem with that algae but the hermits and snails seem to be doing a very good job so far, it's only half as bad as it was two weeks ago. Thanks for the ID on the feather duster, it is pretty cool looking.