coral fragging

69frogs

Guys HELP!!!! I have (had) a beautifull finger leather. After lots of research and reading i decided I would try to frag my coral. I only took a couple of small branches simply because I am new to fragging. I was gentle and quick. However now my beautiful coral is all shrivled up and looks like its in trouble. Is this normal? If so, how long does it take for the coral and frags to recover?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
They've just had surgery, they will look awful for some time but will bounce right back. Give it some time.

69frogs

I am really concerned. It it a dark brown and really shrivled. LOL..... I may just be being paranoid but like I said....this is my first time fragging.

untilthen

anything that gets cut is usually gonna look like that... when u frag zoos it usually takes a few days for them to wanna open...mostly anything that gets fragged is gonna look nasty for a lil... just relax and enjoy ur new frags

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
They do that. They shrivel up and shed a waxy outer coating. Make sure there is adequate flow on it to help it exfoliate. Then it will open up grand and gloriously!

Normal as stated above. Make sure you have your skimmer on and maybe even running a bit wet to ensure the toxins that leathers give off will be trapped. Maybe even some carbon running if you cut in the tank too.

BLAKEJOHN

I just fragged my first frag about a month and a half ago and it was my finger leather. All the threads I read say it will look horrible and appear to be dieing. But loe and behold....It sprung to life in about three days and you couldn't even tell it was cut. Anyways dont worry about it. What is done is done. It will be fine.