Considering a Red Sea Max 130C

dnicholas79

I have had a system 2 sea clear tank for about 15 years and it is finally starting to wear down and the efficiency of the tank is deteriorating. I like the concept of the built in systems and looking to get something similar. I currently have a 65 system 2 and thinking of going down to the 130C. Would this be a good tank to keep small fish, such as clowns and maybe try my hand at a few soft corals? I am looking for a tank that will maintain well on its own. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have also looked around online and it looks like the going price is around $1300. Anyone have an good reliable source to purchase from?

Thanks a bunch.

NickF

I've had my 130c for 6 months now & I couldn't be happier with it. Having no previous marine tank experience the all in one aspect really appealed to me and I think it's a great piece of kit and well put together. I've got a pair of clowns, a damsel and a peacock wrasse and some soft and lps corals, everything seems to be doing great so far and I like the fact that if I have any problems I can come on here for advice and the Red Sea customer support is excellent as well. I'm glad I went with an rsm tank, just wish I had more room so I could get a 250 :)

Love my RSM 130d

You will find yourself making modifications over time, but I have been very happy with it! (Except I wish I had a bigger tank! :) )