concerns about Luis(playa)

Our good friend Luis(playa)has a thread that he started a while ago in another site RAG(Reef Aquarium Guide)name "The 180 Gallon Startphire Glass Tank".There is someone that openly have showed no respect for Luis.We all know him for so long.Also know how much he had contribute to the reef keeping community!

He mentioned that perhaps he will never post any more in the internet something that will be a loss to everyone.Hopefuly he will overcome this difficult time and come back again.

Luis please I beg you my good friend!Never let anybody take you away from what you love so much!

Your friend Joe

(call me)

Pro_builder

Luis,
Please don't quit posting, and showing us your tank. I still have your tank picture as my Desktop Wallpaper. You have inspired a lot of us in this hobby, and helped even more than we know.
There is always someone out there that will try to crush your dreams, and make you feel bad. Just ignore them and there comments.
You are a great asset to all of us! :D

NaH2O

Contributing Member
LUIS!!!! Please, keep posting. You are an inspiration to many many hobbiests!! I love to drool over your tank pictures..... :drooool:

Barry N.

Sponsor
I truly feel for this person!!!

Hope this person doesn't stop posting as there are some good forum out there, like this one. :dance:

Last edited:

BoomerD

AS I posted to the thread on RAG,:

Luis, PLEASE keep posting! Both on this board, and on RS, the pics you post help to give some of us some inspiration and insight as to what a nice reef tank can look like.

anyone can have a great tank with lots of cash...

Sounds like jealousy rears it's ugly head. If ya can afford it and want to do it, HTH is it any of his business?

KEEP ON POSTING!!

addict

Luis... Don't give up!
Your tank's great man! We know it, and love seeing all the updated pictures. Gives us something to aspire to!
Personally I hope you don't stop posting... don't let the one bad apple spoil the whole barrel. :)

Looks like the mods already took care of the problem at RAG (banned the guy), but we should keep an eye out for the same person here... In one of his posts Luis referenced his thread here, so if the person is intent on slamming Luis then they may show up here to continue with it.

Maxx

Luis,
Your set up is awesome and a testament to how beautiful a reef can be. If you quit posting pics of your tank up, not only has this person "won", you're punishing the rest of us. How about reconsidering?
BTW, I'm moving this to the general reef discussion forum.
Nick

Barry N.

Sponsor
If you quit posting pics of your tank up, not only has this person "won", you're punishing the rest of us. How about reconsidering?

SO TRUE! Luis, don't know you but Nick is so correct. Don't give in to intimidation.
:dance:

wooddood

the wood dude
i for one think luis has one of the most awesome reefs i personally have ever seen.like troy said i too have couple pics of luis's reef on my screen saver.luis we all love you here so stick around and keep posting those mouth drooling pics here all you can.i need em,and your an inspiration to me also.if you know who it is let me know and nick and i will pay him a visit.

Gina

RS STAFF
Luis,
I am not a member of RAG and have not seen the post they are talking about but, it makes no difference anyway as we like looking at the pictures you have been posting of your system.
Please continue!

Don't let the idiot win!

yankieman

Hi everyone ,i just want to say that when i first put my pic of my tank on here that louis was the one that gave me a comment that said it looked good my friend and i pmed him and told him that coming form him that ment everything to me reading that,,,,, cause my tank is just starting out and i have followed his thread and seen his beautifull tank so i just want you louis to see the impact you have on people as i can see from this thread and comments made to me hang in there buddy you have many friends who will support you ..

Roger.

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Luis thanks to you we all get to see some corals we probably would never get to see otherwise. Your tank is what is inspiring me to do a sps/clam dominated tank now.

Your a great person even if ya didn't have the tank so come back to the family who loves and respects you my friend. Besides I will need some frags! :)

Witfull

luis, my friend, do not be disheartened by the words of a shallow minded fool. they have opened there mouth and shown their smallness fo mind and soul. you and i have been around here and there for awhile now, and i feel for you as a friend cares for another. i too have felt the pain of words and thought "damn this" and almost quit posting. but then a friend showed me that what i say to others not only inspires them, but brings a smile to their day. this above all is what keeps me going. anyone can answer a question, but to touch someones heart, that is a great person, and you my friend, are such a person. take a deep breath, pause, regroup, and kick ass.

Craig Manoukian

I moved this to the Off Topic forum is it concens another board and we want to avoid any hint of bashing or discrediting.

I am well aware of the thread as I have posted to it several times. The complaining individual, no further name calling on my part - BOZO - oops, was banned for his inappropriate display of green envy. Now the green envy is what I can really relate to as Playa's tank is one to die for.

I PMd the inividual at RAG and this is what I shared:

"If you want to be critical of someone, please use the PM to air your position. I personally don't need to weed through your jealous envy in public. You do't know Luis as you only have 19 posts here.

I suggest you put your pea shooter back in the holster and stop the drive by shooting.

Luis broke down a larger tank to start this one and posts pictures for everyone's benefit.

As his corals grow he frags them and populates many tanks thus saving many reefs.

Take a step back and enjoy the ride. Why don't you post some pics of your tank so we can see your hard work?"

Luis I posted this so you would know how I feel about all of your hard work. While it is true that I am wildly jealous it must be known how much admiration I, as well as others, have for you and your passion to this hobby. Can we get a feww new shots of your tank in my favorite thread? ;)

:) :D :cool: :p :columbo:

Barry N.

Sponsor
Craig,

I know the new owner of RAG and I was proud to be a sponsor over therea at one time and never had a problem.

If Chris had seen it in a timely manner it would have been taken care of sooner.

Hope Luis will continue to post as he had in the past.

mwrager

Luis,

I love seeing your pic's. I will be in Key Largo from June 4 to the 10 and would love to come by and see your tank in person. Please pm me.

jks1

Luis- your hard work has resulted in one of the greatest reef tanks out there. It is an inspiration and gives everyone something to aspire to. Don't give in to one jealous individual. Keep posting bud..

Thank you guys! it really shows how much his work,appreciation, and devotion to this hobby is well respected by all of us!!

VINA

Craig Manoukian

Thanks Baryy it is all good. I know the person was banned and that several attempts were made to temper their vituperativeness. No fault on the part of RAG as they did get it handled. Sometines it takes time to give someone the proper amount of rope tp hang themselves, eh?

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk: