Clownfish eggs!!!!!!!

troxy12

If you haven't been able to find rotifers, what are you feeding the babies? Sorry if you mentioned this already.

Akshay

Fresh brine shrimp hatch. 1-4 day old are good, after that they become too big. Feeding the brine hatch phyto & frozen rotifers. FYI, the clowns dont eat frozen rotifers.

Akshay

Exactly one month after hatching... the fry is about 6-7mm in size (guessing)..
Looks like a proper clownfish now & is always bobbing along for food.
CAM00276_zpsmnytpzbs.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FI-Wloz2CY

Akshay

Out of the 2, I have a lone survivor. Lost 2 batches in the middle. For some freaking reason, got 2 bad days in a day of each batch hatching, where the temp just dropped overnight by some 10*-15*c, which really caught me off guard, as had not anticipated the need of a heater. Anyways cannot do much about this global cooling!

Trying to convert the baby to go on a micro pellet diet, no luck so far. She is showing signs of nibbling on tiny frozen shrimp bits, but till then am hatching brine twice a week. New batch expected to hatch on the 6th of March. Will post a pic shortly, when am cleaning out the tank for the new batch.

Akshay

Month 3 in...
Baby has accepted shrimp bits and also goes for occasional micro pellets.
However still keeping the live food going... much easier to dump a bit of live food and it is forgiving if u overfeed or miss a feeding....
water doesn't go bad with the live food and its always available.

Mr.Reeefer

Just read your thread mate, TOO COOL is all I can say, I love your perseverance as I could imagine your frustration...

A big GOOD ON YA MATE from me!!

I love how you have a survivor, it must feel good to at least hatch one and raise it from a fry to a fish!!

I hope one day I have a chance to experience what you have!!

Newjack

Been reading your thread and sorry about the first 2 batches. Grats on the baby! My question is right now is the baby kinda translucent? When I got my baby clown I could see the outline of the spine and maybe a blood vessle or something

Akshay

@Mr.Reeefer
Thanks ... :)
I hope everyone gets a chance to do this... really makes you appreciate the beauty & contradictions of life.

@Newjack
Yup baby is still translucent. This is from the 31st Dec batch, so it's exactly 3 months today from hatching.

Akshay

Diana once hatched, the work is just the first two weeks.
The important bit is tracking the progression of egg development and then timing everything else to that.. last few batches I have seen the hatch timing vary. So its not just dependent on when the lights go off aswell, cause at times they hatch in the early morning an hr or so just before sunrise.
Also some hatch early...
Well havent figured out much as yet. Hopefully more careful tracking should give us answers.

Akshay

Also some interesting developments.
The baby has gone completely opaque... and the tail has become black like the parents.
CAM00127_zpsty5pu6pa.jpg

CAM00129_zpsrt6ui3an.jpg

CAM00130_zpsnzmy8oob.jpg

CAM00139_zpsmsk9f5kt.jpg