Clown fish harassing my coco worm !?!

djbacon

So I have noticed lately that my coco worm is comoing out les and less, Ive been getting worried lately that it is not getting well fed because it is rarely out to be target fed.

Tonight I notced that my little bastard maroon clown, territorial monster that he is, nips at the worm anytime he comes out.

Question - anybody have any experience in reducing the aggression of a fish? (pretty sure i know the answer to this)

Short of that, is the coco worm still getting adequate food if the tank has ample phyto and or chromaplex in the water column? Im afraid the clown behavior is going to result in the starvation of my coco worm.

mps9506

Is this in the 14 gallon listed in the sig?
My first suggestion would be to move the cocoa worm to another location in the tank, but in a tank that size it would not really accomplish much since you can't move it far.
A temporary answer can be to put him in a QT tank, but wouldn't solve anything long term.

djbacon

yea, its the 14g all right - i have a 35 comming up in a little while (couple months) but yea. QT doesnt do much for right now.

My LFS may take the worm from me if worse comes to worse. its never shed or anything yet and appears (other than being annoyed) to be in good health - Im wondering if the Coco worm is getting along better at night when the clown is less active.

prow

i say take that clown back, maroons just piss me off thinking about them. even in your up and coming 35gal its aggressivness will show its ugly head all day, its just going to get more aggressive. they become less aggressive(still mean though) in a larger tanks. but i mean like 100+gallons. in a 35gal they will be holy terrors. JMO