Clam Placement

First of all I would like to say hello to everybody here, it seem's like a great group I am new to this forum and Saltwater, I will post pics of my setup soon.
My question is- I just purchased a Tridanca Maxima Clam where should it be placed in the tank, Substrate or LR ? I have sugar live sand and some nice live rock with a couple of nice area's for it to attach. Thank you

Good deal, yeah it can go both places. As long as it gets enough light. And if in sand good to put a small rock or something under it.

Yeah it attached to the rock I put it on. after I left it in the sand for a couple of days, then I placed it on the rock about 3/4 of the way up in my RSM 130D. Since then it has turned about 45 degrees but now looks content.
Thanks

I added a Koralia powerhead, woke up the next day and the Clam had detached from the rock and moved itself back to the substrate???? weird it has since ( taken about three days) moved itself just about to the same spot that I had placed it on day one. Is this because of the flow change? or do you think something was bothering it? I noticed a small crab in the area he was. oh well I will leave it alone, it moved for a reason. it opens fully and looks happy...again.
fishtankmay31003.jpg

Most of the clams you place on the rocks will keep shooting themselves down to the substrate. Thats why I like to keep most there anyways. I dont like coming in and seeing the clam upsidedown

Most of the clams you place on the rocks will keep shooting themselves down to the substrate. Thats why I like to keep most there anyways. I dont like coming in and seeing the clam upsidedown

Thank you...that where she lay. you can actualy see the colors better anyways.