Chris & Sarahs' 250

imaccat

Just one thing, the view is very "blue" compared to the 130, is that the turbidity of the water due to all the disruption, or is it the effect of the actinic light tubes ?

]

Does it look that blue 'in real life' or is it just in the photographs? I had the same issue when I took pictures, they came out very blue, until I adjusted the White balance on the camera, which then gave it a more natural coloured photo

Great looking tank by the way.

Iain

fruit bat

It is considerably more blue than the 130 was, i've put it down to a combination of the lights and the micro bubbles which we are suffering with at the moment

fruit bat

We are finally producing some decent gunk in the skimmer. :dance: the new tank has been running for four days now and it seems that the skimmer has finally settled in and we are starting establish a biological system.
Everything seems to have survived the transfer, if anything has suffered it is probably the Pulsing Xenia which are looking a bit miserable. I'm fairly confident that they will recover. (Hoping)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good news on the skimmer. Some would say that you're lucky if the Xenia don't make it LOL!

fruit bat

A quick visit to the LFS today and Sarah couldn't resist two new fish.

Heres a picture of the Coral Beauty, but the Peacock Wrasse has found himself an exceptionally good hiding spot for now.

DSCF0806.jpg

Also heres a new picture of the tank after week one. The water is a lot clearer, and not as "Blue" as it was.

DSCF0802.jpg

kyley

Tank is looking great! What's that fish (?) on the left side of the picture? Love the angels! Hope they all thrive in your tank! Take care,
--Kyle

fruit bat

Thanks Kyle,
The green fish on the left is an Aptasia eating Filefish. He is relatively new to the family and being quite small he didn't touch the larger Aptasia which we zapped with AptasiaX, but he does control any new growth.