Check Existing Links!

Travis

Administrator
Staff member
RS STAFF
PLEASE take a moment to check google links, old thread links, and sig links to old threads and paste the URLs of any that don't properly redirect.... I believe I've got it fixed! (knock wood):confused:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Travis - as one example.... if I Google search "The Mature Aquarium" Chrome Browser (one of Lee's most viewed post, 9920 views)

I don't get any hits... as one of many examples

Here the search & what it returns...

https://www.google.com/search?q=The...5.5021j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8

Here the URL on the new RS if this helps...
http://reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-mature-aquarium.29836/

But you can search for any of Lee's sticky post & not get any hits...

See what others are experiencing... but seems to be having trouble externally to RS

Travis

Administrator
Staff member
RS STAFF
Google pulling the search results is not the same as the links being broken. It's likely a side effect of the links being broken.

Now that they are up again, as they are re-crawled by Google, they should appear in the search results again.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Check Existing Links!

Now that they are up again, as they are re-crawled by Google, they should appear in the search results again.

When do you think we will start to see RS post show up on Google searches?

We almost daily have one new member join RS & post in Meet & Greet ... I have not seen anyone since the upgrade & I am correlating this to Google not returning any hit to any "reef related searches" on the new RS.

Anyone have any ideas?

I see the Google bots visiting the new RS (like 30 of them sometimes & reading post after post 24 hours a day.

One example is this...

If you search on Google for Red Sea Max site:reefsanctuary.com you get 8,700 hits
If you search on Google for Red Sea Max you get 48,000 hits and None point to Reef Sanctuary

Last edited:

Travis

Administrator
Staff member
RS STAFF
You're going to have to be patient... this could take some time. Google moves at its own pace and we can't do much else to control it.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks Travis, just worried there might have been "something wrong", if it's just a matter of time, will check and report back the results in say... two weeks, think in 15 more days we should see post showing up or is timeline for them showing up really an unknown?