Changed Tanks!! AGAIN!!!

Michael_Lambert

haha!!...

So i have changed my tanks YET again!!! .. Switched my 100 Gallon from a Display unit in my Basement.. to a Inwall Unit 125 Gallons ( 6 foot by 18 inches wide and 22 inches high!!)

Here is what it use to look like!

246LightsCleanallon.jpg

Now with the summer, its too hot to run a canopy.. So i had to run the tank open Format... And doing that it lite up my room way too much.. So i decided to change things around!

A great weekend JOB!

Punched a Hole in my wall.. Framed it out and stuck the tank back there on metal stand!
234Wallfilledandprimed.jpg

Here is what it looks like behind the wall!
234Overflow-refug.jpg

The lighting, Now ofcourse this is only Temp.. untill i can get around to buying the correctly Spider reflectors that i want!

234lighting.jpg

Here is the new tank running, With just the Halides running, the water is stilll murky.. Gotta remeber that i just moved all this stuff over.. 3 hours before taking this picture.
234justhalides.jpg

And then here we go Running the Halides and the Actinics!
234lightingall.jpg

I will post more pictures when i can get more things done! .. lol, I still need to work on my closed loop and then Clean things up.. Lots of Rewiring i need to do.

Thanks
Michael.

Michael_Lambert

This is hte last change! ..

the next change will Be BIG!!

We are looking to build a house next summer.. and if we do.. the wife and i have decided to go with a we are thinking a 360 Gallon in wall in the basement.. Looking at somthing 8 feet long.

Michael_Lambert

Well i would like to add more rock, there is around 150 pounds in there now.. I was thinking i might pick up 100 pounds of Some nice Base rock, Somthing like Lace rock or Feather rock.. whatever most call it.. Its around $2.49 up here in Canada.. and i was going to plumb in a 100 gallon Rubbermail Farm container and place the rock in there for 3-4 months untill its nice and encrusted with coraline and then do the Re-Aquascaping and add that rock into the main system.

Michael_Lambert

As well i was thinking of Intead of using wood to ensclose the canopy and painting the back of the tank, that i might try and find some Nice thick Dark Blue Curtin.. and drap the back of the tank.. from the canopy down to the floor! .. So that i can still be able to see in from the back to be able to clean it and what not.. But at the same time its Hiding everything making it look alittle more clean!.. and keeping the majority of the light in the canopy!

So what im wondering is.. Will curtins obsorbe the Light at all??

Michael_Lambert

Shades up!

So i went to Walmart and picked up some nice Dark Blue Fabirc.. and made my Curtin for the back of the tank.. This way im keeping the Light in the tank.. and when i install my Exsaust fan it will keep the heat in the canopy to be sucked out! :)

Not to mention it keeps the basement from lighting up like a light house !

I know its Getto.. But hey it works!

Here it is with the camera flash on.
246Shadup.jpg

And then here it is with the flash off!.. Keeps the light in!
246ShadeLightson.jpg

And from the front!!
The reflection you see in the glass is the lights from my nano!

246ShadupDront.jpg

Of course.. not only is this keeping the light in, But its keeping the basement light out, preventing alage growth from cheap old basement lights! ..

Thanks
Michael