case of the stupids, weekend follies of thinking wayyy tooo muuuuchhh

:smack: :smack: :smack: here i am thinking to myself, why isnt my skimmer working . then i had a lightbulb moment. could it be that i have about a total of 10" of fish between 5 fish???and i dont over feed at all? i was like duhhhh your an idiot. im so worried about having too many fish that i wont put anymore in , but in a 75 gallon tank i have 5 fish. 2 damsels, 1 diamond goby, 1 naso , 1 flame angel. so im thinking to myself when people talk about bio load, well what could i consider mine??? almost non existant. i just put a skimmer on my tank after 2 years, yeah 2 years, im almost thinking that i dont really need one. :smack: :smack:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
a reef tank will produce removable amounts of muck without fish, life death decay etc, new electrical devises still come with the troubleshooting guide suggestion... is the devise plugged in? lol

lcstorc

I'm with Sas on this one. Try re-adjusting the skimmer.
Even the cleanest tanks will have some skimmate.

reefer4200

all new skimmers will go through a break in period for at least a week or two. SO if it is new this is most likely your reason why you have no skim. Give it a few days and in time it should start skimming. Also what kind of skimmer and whats your set up?

got my new aquac ev-240 set up today. came home from work and about a half inch of pure black skimate was waiting for me. i am suprised. i put it an inch infront of the sump light and you couldnt see thru it. im impressed, now maybe i can get my coral to grow. piece of junk coralife skimmer. know anyone who needs a skimmer???