Can you say Banggai Baby

yankieman

One week old today !! all doing good , I thought I had lost one or two but they must have been hiding because I once again count 19 , they are growing nicely,,,, in fact since the male held them in is mouth for approx 3 weeks and now they have been out for a week they are in my opinion ready to start weening onto some dry food I will probably give them baby brine shrimp for another week though,,,

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for the GREAT UPDATE :yehoo: Keep up the good work, your babies are TOTALLY AMAZING!!! :thumbup:

Oxylebius

Great thread. Thanks for sharing. Cute fish.

You may want to consider finding a way to get rid of the aiptasia, not only do they sting fish but will eat fish if they catch them, and your baby fish are just the right size right now. Probably best to keep the pep shrimp out of the tank right now and instead of using a chemical based product, try using boiling water and syringe to inject the aiptasia with. If it doesn't kill all of them, it will make them wither for a little while and thus give your fish time to grow a little more. Just a thought I wanted to share w/u, wouldn't want you to loose any of those babies to the aiptasia.

yankieman

Great thread. Thanks for sharing. Cute fish.

You may want to consider finding a way to get rid of the aiptasia, not only do they sting fish but will eat fish if they catch them, and your baby fish are just the right size right now. Probably best to keep the pep shrimp out of the tank right now and instead of using a chemical based product, try using boiling water and syringe to inject the aiptasia with. If it doesn't kill all of them, it will make them wither for a little while and thus give your fish time to grow a little more. Just a thought I wanted to share w/u, wouldn't want you to loose any of those babies to the aiptasia.

I will be moving the babies in a week or so to a larger tank as they grow out they will need more room, and I have Aiptasia rx to remove it with,,

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I soooo want one of these. This is the first fish my husband actively mentioned I should have in the tank. I have the excuse, now I just need the fish! Gratz on the babies!!

yankieman

I soooo want one of these. This is the first fish my husband actively mentioned I should have in the tank. I have the excuse, now I just need the fish! Gratz on the babies!!

Thanks Mayja,, Banggai's are a very pretty fish I think and good community fish,,,

yankieman

OK 2 weeks old today and eating nicely ,, somehow 3 didnt make it so I am down to 16 ,, im not sure why the 3 died , one looked great was eating good them just went belly up ?? I guess some losses are always expected , hopefully that will be all , the rest look great,,, so here is some pics from today , see if you can see any growth in a weeks time,,,,

IMG_3488.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3489.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3490.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for the UPdate & new pictures! Our look like they are GROWING :D GOOD JOB :thumbup:
Sure wish shipping fish was not a stressful thing for them, I can imagine I'd be scared to death in a box not knowing my destiny :(
How long are you going to let them grow before you find them new homes or take them to the LFS? What are your plans? I hope they all live HaPpLy ever AfteR! :snshne::fishy2:

yankieman

Thanks for the UPdate & new pictures! Our look like they are GROWING :D GOOD JOB :thumbup:
Sure wish shipping fish was not a stressful thing for them, I can imagine I'd be scared to death in a box not knowing my destiny :(
How long are you going to let them grow before you find them new homes or take them to the LFS? What are your plans? I hope they all live HaPpLy ever AfteR! :snshne::fishy2:

Thanks Diana,
I havnt decided yet what to do with them im leaning towrds keeping a few and trying to trade the rest to the LFS for some store credit towrds some corals ,,, but not for probably another 6 weeks depending on size, I will have to move them soon to a larger tank to grow out but before I move them I want them eating some dry food and they are very stuborn LOL they like their live food and kinda turn there noses up at the powdered flake food i keep trying , so just like any pet they are spoiled LOL