Camera Recommendations

mnollar

I'm looking for a digital camera that has a good macro feature. I also want to avoid the delay that I currently experience with my old camera when I push the button.

Anyone recommend a camera? I'm looking for something less than $400.

Thanks,
Mike

tatuvaaj

I dont have a lot of experience of compact digital cameras (I'm DSLR user) but the one I would get is newly announced Fujifilm FinePix F30 that should be wonderful camera as it is a upgrade to the award winning F10.

The best thing about it is that it handles high ISO / low light situations well (very unusual for a compact) and it doesn't have ridiculous amount of megapixels (if you need A2 and bigger prints you are better of with a DSLR anyway... :rolleyes: ).

Here's a link to the announcment: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06021403fujif30.asp

lcstorc

I don't know what model I have, but I have a 6.2 mp Fuji FinePix and I love it. I would love it more if I spent more time learning all of the features, but it makes simple pictures simple and you can get more advanced as you want. Even the macro is really easy. This is the 3rd Fuji I have owned and I loved every one of them.

billyr98

I am sure the master of RS - Travis will chime in on this topic...

But for me I bought the Nikon D50 for economical DSLR...

I also went with Travis' pick on a very nice macro lense... Very Happy..

mps9506

If you are looking for a good all around point and shoot I have been very happy with the Canon A series cameras. They do well when photgraphing an aquarium, show correct colors, have manual white balance adjustments and easy to use manual focus when needed. I found the AF to work well and quickly. Only drawback to using it as a point and shoot is it is bulkier than some other cameras which fit in your pocket much better.
I also have two sony cybershots, they are great when I want to have a camera with me and the guys at the bar or something, but don't have a manual white balance and the macro feature is not as good as the canon. so not so great for aquarium photos.