Bully BSJF

Dweezil

Hi all,

My BSJF I think is somewhat of a bully. For some reason he does not seem to like my Hammer coral. It seems to be the only one but several times I've come home from work to find the Hammer dislodged from the sand and just laying flat. (It's a small Hammer frag) today I actually saw him biting the Hammer and saw little pieces of the Hammer floating in the water. I had to move the coral elsewhere. I think what is happening is the BSJF (Mr. Pibbs) is getting too close to the coral and it stings him and then he gets mad and bites it. Anyone else have experiences like this or is mine just wierd? ;)

Last edited:

molsen187

i don't have any history with this fish but i've read they use rock rubble to strengthen their burrows maybe he is trying to pull the frag in their thinking it could help his tunnels and it stings him. just a thought

sambrinar

Are you giving him small pieces of rubble for the BSJF?? as Molsen said, that is possible that he is trying to use it as rubble. Mine took off with a frag, never to be seen again

Dweezil

Yes, he gets rubble everyday. When he gets low he gets more.
I've actually seen him try to fight my Emerald crab too if the Emerald gets into his territory. He takes no S^&T! ha-ha Other than picking on my Hammer coral he's got quite an outgoing personality. Always swimming around and comes right up to me when I walk by the tank. Not bashful at all. Just a temper I guess? I was just wondering if anyone elses was the same way.