Bubble Tip Lost a Tentacle

modulok

Last night I saw a green tentacle floating around my tank, obviously from my GBTA. The anemone looks fine, and even ate last night after I removed the stray tentacle from the tank.

About a week or two ago I noticed him moving a few inches from his normal spot (for 6 months). But it was very temporary, I saw him moved back the same night as I noticed he moved a little bit.

I do have a Pink Skunk Clown hosting.

modulok

Really? How do they know one is dying? Floating around it looked fine. I even thought about it finding a home if it would start a new anemone. When I tossed it in my waste water from the last water change it shriveled up.

modulok

Here is what he looks like now.
9e7a8uvy.jpg

Sent from my mobile communication device

:smack:Does it mean that it's hungry? Maybe it's being underfed. Not too criticize but it does look weak in picture. Maybe someone is hurting it.:smack:

Blndbunny

It does not look happy. Even if its not keeping its bubbles the mouth should be nice and tight, and the tentacles should had a full appearance and not be limp. I would be worried, is it still sticky?

modulok

Yeah, first time I've seen it deflated for this long (2-3 hrs). I fed it some krill either yesterday or the day before, so I don't think hunger is the cause. The clown is nestled inside the not so puffy arms of the nem. I'll post updates as needed.

modulok

Ok pics from today...back to normal.

Morning
ma7e6aru.jpg

Evening
6ape4ehu.jpg

Sent from my mobile communication device

modulok

Last night I fed the nem a frozen cube of carnivore cuisine. It just deflated and started to poop it out, which is normal. But it seems the mouth is much more open than I've ever seen it. I could stick a finger in it, no problem. Here is a quick video.

[video=youtube;XRza9mNE1PY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRza9mNE1PY[/video]

EDIT:

Looks like it's done pooping, mouth is closed up now. Strange creature!

modulok

I found another stray tentacle laying on a rock in the back of the tank while doing some maintenance yesterday...

I'm not an expert with the anemones and tomato clowns but if I had to guess I would think that he's just cleaning house.

I'm not an expert with the anemones and tomato clowns but if I had to guess I would think that he's just cleaning house. Actually looking at the video the anemone doesn't look too healthy. I would give it some research.

modulok

Here is a video from this morning. Looking like he always does when he's not pooping or changing his water.

[video=youtube;LE78RAVfYCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE78RAVfYCw[/video]

modulok

Actually its a Pink Skunk Clown. He's still curled up inside her nem. It's after 12pm already and she's still in bed.