BTA splitting

david1291

i just seen my BTA splitting those morning i think both of them are im gonna be putting up pics every hour

Attachments

• 77859.jpg
    77859.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 48

sambrinar

i just seen my BTA splitting those morning i think both of them are im gonna be putting up pics every hour

If you have 2 BTAs splitting, you might want to check the Water quality. Usually splitting is a sign of stress and if both are splitting I would be very concerned. What lights do you have they are very high in the tank.

GrendelPrime

looks like there right at the water line which could meen the light arent what they need to be and if u can give us some water specs

TylerHaworth

Looks like poor nutrition via lighting, else they wouldnt be that high on glass.

BOTH splitting is an even stronger indicator of such.

Keep a very close eye on them, situations like this can go downhill very quickly and be devastating.

TylerHaworth

Probably a case of "wow something cool is happening, i'm awesome at this reef stuff and need to show it off" to "oh crap, i didn't do what I should have, better sink back into the shadows to minimize blow to ego."

Just kidding... I'm in a cynical mood today =)

Willie McDaries

I hear from people all the time of their BTAs splitting and always wandered what I was doing wrong,mine have never split,only to find out it wasn't good when they are splitting :D

if they feel they are in danger of dying,they will split to double their chances of survival,by them moving off the rock to near the surface,they're either needing more light(they need very strong lighting such as MH or T5)or more water flow or both,they normally stay put when they're happy and they like a place they can get their foot in to feel more secure like in a crevice or hole in the rocks....hopefully,you can correct whatever they're needing and they'll do good for you