BTA question

sambrinar

I have had my GBTA for almost 2 weeks.. it is sticky, very well attached to the rock, eating very well (feeding raw shrimp, clams, muscles) 2x per week but it looks like a flower, not full and fluffy.. here is a pict..

This is when I first put it in the tank.. still looks pretty much the same, but more green in color, and more spread out, open if you will... mouth closed..

My question.. is this normal?? The tenticles in the center are less now.. I will update a pict tomorrow

IMG_2467.jpg

jcgardner

How is he doing? I can't see your pictures as I am at work and this computer won't let me, will have to try and look at it from my phone. I will have to come by one day and check him out in person. I would love to get one but still to chicken to order one. Hope he is fine.

sambrinar

75 gal LED and T5 lights, all params 0 10 gal fuge/sump temp 80*, 7 fish (2 clowns, 3 pj cards, 2 flasher wrasse) set up in Jan. SG 1.024.. 120 lb LR 2" sand bed.. Skimmer, phosban and charcoal run 24/7

Nem is eating and sticky, solid to rock.. Just don't know if they normally look like he does..

Did I miss anything? I will post picts tonight when I get home.

sambrinar

If you want to see the light fixture it is in my chronicle thread on a link in my first post.. The link at the bottom. I got the lights in March so you'll have to scroll through to March. I'm sorry I'm posting from my Blackberry and I can't attach the picts with the phone.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
It looks pretty healthy. Can you skip a feeding and see if it opens up more? It doesn't look fully inflated

I say that because my BTAs didn't always open up after feeding, and twice a week is a lot of food for a BTA. May not feel like it needs to open up

Miltonic

Im having the same issue with my nem I only saw it fully opened up for a few days and after its first feeding I never saw open up completely again and I only feed it once a week. Im more worried about my nems clone who I've tried to feed a few times but it doesn't seem to want to eat since it never really grasps the food or bring it to it's mouth, it also has stayed under a few rocks and can barely see its tentacles.

sambrinar

Thanks for your input! That is a possibility! If that is why they get fuller.. Hmm I thought I was supposed to feed it twice a week.. I can skip a feeding.. Should I wait for it to "inflate" and then feed it?

Thanks Al!

sambrinar

I was wondering how yours was doing Mil you got yours about the same time as mine right? So yours looks like that too? I'm gonna try skipping a few feedings ad see what happens. It does get some of the fish food though

Miltonic

I think that may be the reason too since I saw my nem pooping the day after feeding it and it completely deflated until I could barely see it and it did two days in a row I think the longer they go without food the more they inflate themselves? I will be able to see if im right tomorrow since it was fed today so it'll probably decide to poop and deflate.

sambrinar

I haven't seen mine poop lol. I was feeding it Mon and Thurs.. I did feed it today, so you think I can wait until Monday to feed it again or is that too long?

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
I would wait until Monday if it were me. You can really feed it once or twice per month. They have an incredibly slow metabolism

sambrinar

Ok... So Clownfish... Do I wait for it to inflate and then feed it... Then wait for it to inflate and then feed etc?

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
I would wait a week and see how it acts. If its really well fed, and not hungry, it may not fully inflate. If it starts to move at all, feed it. Lets see what it does and take our cue