Bristle Worm Threat?

Nightfall

I just saw tonight a long bristleworm wrapping itself around the stock/base of my anemone and promptly removed the offender and "disposed" of it. Just wanting to know if they are as my instinct suggested bad or good for anemone? Is that normal behavior? The worm when removed had a slimey residue trailing from it also, not sure what that was.

Kremlin

One time one of my chalices go stung and a worm crawled out to eat the dying part. So if something is dying, they will eat it.

Nightfall

SWEET mother of FISHIES!!! I target fed my anemone and for whatever reason it held the food between itself and a rock, when I looked over next Kraken (bristleworm I first posted a small pic of) was out attacking the food and the part OUT of the rock was at least 6 inches long a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch approx. wide and I just missed catching it with my aquarium tweezers to be rid of him. If that's all that was out of the rock how big can he possibly be? I am temped to get 2 railroad spikes (joking) and if I catch him stretch him out and pin ends down and take a picture of him see if its a record or not! Definitely a record for a 3 gallon tank! lol. If I can get rid of him and the live rock I had with the hair algae growing on the end of it out of tank (replace rock with a new piece) then things should be calmed down (including me).

kosai1111

Of course, when something appears in your aquarium is the wake-up call, man, that something is wrong. But kinds of these "wake-up calls" could be good one and bad one. Frankly speaking, there are some types of bristle worms(one of them good and others - bad), but it's very difficult to deffer them without any experience. Of course, it isn't enough to be sure at 100%, but ARC Reef's articles should help you to understand what kind of the worms there are in your fish tank. Hope, that they won't kill your fish, while you will be reading the articles.