**Brian and Stacy's Reef Experience**

brikeibur

It is haha

Well thanks man!! :D

Anthony,

I got some dissoluble vitamin C tablets and soaked the zoas in it, since our LFS does not have something I can add directly to the tank and I wanted to try the treatment right away since my zoas aren't doing very well, but the bad news is, I don't think it helped at all.

I am going to do it again this afternoon, but I think they might look worse.

I have heard that iodine supplement or dip may help so I am going to have to grab some of that.....I think I am going to lose the whole colony and the small frag. I just don't know what the issue is....it's crazy.

On a good note, EVERYTHING else in our tank is doing GREAT!! Everything opens up real big and just loves it, even the fish are swimming around like "YES...ROOOM ...finally!!!"

Later all!!

brikeibur

I think we our clownfish have bonded enough they have actually paired up now! :snshne:

We have noticed some pre-spawning behavior, so we are hoping for some wee little clown babies perhaps!! I know it's a lot of work though, so we are reading up on how to do it and have looked into ordering a brine shrimp hatchering and some rotifers for the clown fry. We will let you guys know how that works out for us.

Anyway, here is a video I took of the clowns cleaning a shell. We read that they do this when preparing a surface to lay eggs....so awesome:

ENJOY!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAyRHPUkAYI[/YOUTUBE]

I took some more pics of the tank today, so I'll try to get those out as soon I can. We also purchased a new member today...YAY!! I have been wanting a six-line wrasse for FOREVER, but our 24g was just tooo crowded. We have been monitoring our params for a while and everything looks stable, so we picked up PINKY at the LFS today! He's so cutie, and they love to munch on pests...so maybe if it is a pest annoying my zoas, perhaps PINKY will take 'em out!!!

IMG_2985.jpg

Later all!
Stacy

astiesi

Sorry I've been away for a week or so, been doing a bit of job searching. Not sure how effective a one time dip would be using Vit-C, everything that I've read centers around dosing in the tank. From what I've read vit-c is not absorbed very quickly and dissipates from the water very quickly, hence people dosing multiple times each day. Hopefully you'll figure it out.

Great video and I'm glad to hear everything else is doing well.

brikeibur

Thanks Anthony!!

We have been dissolving some vit C tabs in RO water and dosing it in the tank (our LFS told us to do it since we didn't have the normal stuff - and it's cheaper), so hopefully that will eventually help.

Thanks for all your help on this...it is very welcomed!

brikeibur

Just an update...

Our sixline is doing great, and our zoas are looking about the same, but I'm going to take that as a good thing...they aren't worse!!

We went out on a limb and bought an anemone today....we wanted to start out with one of the least difficult types, so we just picked up a Condi. We have wanted one for quite a while, but haven't had the room until now. It is very beautiful though, it has long white tentacles with bright purple tips and a super bright orange base, very cool animal. Hopefully it won't move around too much in the tank, but we figured now would be the best time to get one...before everything was covered in corals, just in case it moves around a bit.

I snapped some photos of it and a few of our corals, so I'll try and post those later on.

Bye all!

jgking21

Brian/Stacy,
I haven't been around much lately, just looked at all the pics and the videos. The tank looks awesome!

brikeibur

Thanks JUICE!!

Mario,

The sixline is great with our other fish. At first he was sort of chased by the others, they kept running him off from all of their areas. Now he is used to everyone and they are used to him so he goes where he pleases in the tank and 99% of the time is not bothered by anyone else. He never bothers the other fish, but if they decide to run him off (very rarely now that they are used to him), he will stand his ground and let them to know to back off, and he is the second smallest fish in the tank, with the damsel being the smallest. I've never seen him initiate fights or chases with the other fish, but if they do to him, he lets them know quick to back off...then he goes on his merry little way looking for little critters to munch on. He has been no trouble at all.

What is odd, is that these the six-lines hide when they sleep, so we caught him under our zoa colony the other day. The area didn't even look big enough for him to get into, still don't know how he got there, but he was motionless under there. They say they do it for protection, they'll find a small spot and hide in it at night so as to avoid predators. They are awesome little fish!

Good night all!

jfourn

hey just found this thread...... i read through the whole thing.... my lfs has a 76 forsale. anything i should know about these tanks? and complaints? i love the plumbing on this tank. love to have a update

brikeibur

Hello all!!!

Man it's been a while!! I am going to post some updates very soon. I just took a video of my clownfish and their many eggs!!! It's awesome....once I get it uploaded i'll add it here!

I also need to show some new pics, everything is growing like crazy!

More to come very soon....

:)

superspec

you know out of all the times ive been over for fight night i have hardly noticed the tank but now that i have one i wonder how ive missed it!

miyzfrider

Just read through your tank chronicle. Looks great! I love the bow front design. That really makes for a unique perspective on the inhabitants, vs a basic flat front. Great job on it all! We're just getting started on a 90 gallon reef tank and I'm trying to learn as much as I can through the experiences of others and your thread has been a great read. I especially appreciated the Herbie overflow explanation and diagram. Our setup is noisy in the sump due to the air, and I've been contemplating making that mod. Seems like anyone who has used it gives it a thumbs up and your videos definitely tell the story of the silent running.

I just need to figure out how to get my wife as interested in the whole thing as you are Stacy! She's excited about the tank and has been supportive, but is leaving it all to me to work on. I guess that's fair since she's a mom and home maker with plenty on her plate. But it's sure a great hobby to do as a couple and family.

Would love to read an update! Thanks for the chronicle.

brikeibur

Ack!!! Been FOREVER, so decided to post some new pics. Lots of stuff has changed..like we moved, but for now I'll keep it short and just add some new pics. I'll update in more detail later!!

BYE!!!

Stacy