***Breaking News***

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Just got this notice by email from Marine Depot...

You better act fast!!!

tunze.jpg

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Are you sure they aren't just trying to puff up 4th quarter earnings? lol

I doubt it dude... most of Europe has been giving the US a break so not to lose our business. Mercedes, BMW and Audi are taking a loss right now in the US market because they don't want to lose auto sales.

The fall of the US dollar is creating big losses for foreign companies selling goods in the US... so this kind of thing from Tunze was inevitable.

You'll see more of this if our "Greenback" dosen't make a "Comeback"!

mps9506

Other European reef product manufacturers have mentioned they will be looking at adjusting US prices up.
Try to buy your Tunze, Elos, Geismann, AB and other stuff now, not after January when the manufacturer price books get sent to the dealers.

But man, 12% is a LOT!

Frankie

RS STAFF
I agree, buy American. After reading this i did a quick inventory of my stuff and i can't think of one product i have on my system that is from Europe.
I do keep a European wife though! D (great cook!) ;)

DaveK

Buying American sounds nice, but even when you purchase a product from an American company, it often is actually made in Asia someplace.

As for Tunze, their products have usually been high end, so a 12% increase isn't going to stop too many people from buying them.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
or buy american~

Not that easy sometimes. My entire lighting setup is American made by Hamilton Lighting... including the bulbs.

Here's what Hamilton posts on it's own website... pretty disheartening statement about American made bulbs I would say.

ham.jpg

Witfull

heres to you great american hero,,,he who peed his pants

( he peed)

induring long last minute drives

( i crossed my legsss)

to wait for that final kick

i just tinkled

for that last minute buzzed beater

yes you mr i will wait till the last possible minute and then some. mr i cant hold anymore and still cheer

( ican hold my bee'er)

to you mr sports fan indeed..... the web site is i just peed

(levis hold alot)

so mr long haul, heres to you,,,no laughing at forums, thats just gay.

prow

lol,

man i have been debating if should get a couple tunzes for my new tank or go with what i have. now i am pressured, eerrr.

on the car companies giving US a break, sure we have been doing that with japan for years, bottom line is they actually pay us to buy their products. thats the beauty of being the number one importer, we can just say no thanks france we will spend our money on german cars, who gets screwed there not us:) heck the dollar might be worth less than the yen in the world economy, like the euro is now, but even with the dollar worth less than the yen, most americans can still afford to buy japans cars, while most japanese can not, go fiqure.

more breaking new, yet another fire!!! malibu is on fire 20+homes gone so far, dam fire bugs i hope this is not another arson fire.

PEMfish

But America makes so little. At the state were now, buying pure American is NOT possible. In the end, we'll screw ourself`s.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
In the end, we'll screw ourself`s.

Hopefully next year will bring a new direction for our country no matter who gets into office!

We definitely need a new direction and fresh start to help us get "back in black".

Shoot... we need stability in this country, so I can upgrade to that 300 gallon I dream about. :whstlr:

kathywithbirds

Now what ever happened to that macro economics staple that buying American just because it's home is a rather narrow view of the world market? We buy from them, they buy from us, competition drives up quality and lowers prices.

OK, hopefully it works like that.

burning2nd

ill give em the 12% and then some....

Im not gonna run out and get that other nano stream today cause of this... bu t, buy american sounds nice on paper but its just not gonna happen... the gready already rich business man as figuerd out a way to make him self even more.:)