Brain VS Clam

Cal Native

My brain coral has slowly shifted over to where my clam is, seems to be no problem so far... will there be? Should I move it to be on the safe side? It has been there for awhile.
Thanks

Attachments

• BC.jpg
    BC.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 45

michael_cb_125

I have several corals that touch both of my clams. My clams dont seem to mind much. At least the brain will be easy to move if t comes down to that.~michael

tbittner

You brain coral shifted? How do they move by themselves?

Forgive me, I'm still learning. :)

michael_cb_125

Open Brains,Lobophyllias, and Plate corals are some of the corals that I know can shift themselves. They do it very slowly. I am not quite sure how they do it, but my Lobo and Plate have both slide up against the glass.~Michael

kathywithbirds

Our plate has moved. It shoved itself against the glass a bit, then I moved it to another open beachfront space and it slid over a little to shade itself from the flow. It hasn't moved since, it moves REAL slow. Just one day you look and it's in a slightly different spot.

Scouter Steve

I think what we see as brains and plates moving is more from our flow slowly pushing them around. I know my big green brain moves on occasion and it moves more after a few days of being hyper inflated It becomes more nuetral in weight when it inflates and has more surface to get blown in one direction or the other.

Fish Crazy

I have had my clam touch my open brain and not had any issues. I have a diamond goby that digs under them and then they slide closer together or the clam will move a little from opening and closing

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I think what we see as brains and plates moving is more from our flow slowly pushing them around. I know my big green brain moves on occasion and it moves more after a few days of being hyper inflated It becomes more nuetral in weight when it inflates and has more surface to get blown in one direction or the other.

I agree with Steve. Not only that, but hermits and snails can also move these guys with ease. Most species of brain coral are attached in the wild.

lcstorc

I believe they move by inflating and deflating. I know mine moved and it had nothing to do with flow. It moved from the shade into a brighter spot. I figured if that was where it wanted to be I would leave it there.