Brain Coral Help

untilthen

so i got 2 brain corals yesterday...

one is a very big and healthy maze brain and the other is well a dying closed brain coral... it wasnt doing good at all in the tank of the lfs and the sign said SAVE ME! 15 bux... so i asked about it and the guy said he will throw it in free wit the maze... so i have it home but my damn hermits are picking at it constantly... should i move it into my 10 gallon mantis where it wont b bothered or are the hermits just cleaning off some of the decaying matter?

lcstorc

The hermits are likely cleaning the dead matter. I would move it. Even if they aren't harming it, I would be afraid of it poluting the tank.
JMO though. I am certainly not an expert on brains. (Yes I know I left myself open for a thousand jokes).

CATALYST

You could put in it the sand and put a strawberry basket over it. The holes should be small enough that the hermits can't get in.

cbrownfish

I am with catalyst......try covering it if possible, unless the parameters in the 10 gallon are more stable/consistent. That will also reduce the light it gets. I have a real nice closed brain that does not like intense, direct light. They will often bleach under those conditions.