Blue Tort

johnlewis

I just picked up a frag of Blue Tort and I put it in my 55 about half way up I an running 6500k 250w and gave it up to 6 hrs of light. I noticed some bleaching an dropped it to the bottom, and its now holding. Do you think it was

A Too much light
B Too much light too fast.

I started with 2 hrs of light then went up. The rest of frags are fine candy cane, zoos, purple digi.

jks1

Im sure it wasnt too much light. I think your acclimation process was OK too but I would just leave it on the bottom and work it up slowly over the next month or so. Do you know what conditions (ie light, salinity, PH, ALK) it came from? That might lead to a clue as to why it would bleach. HTH

johnlewis

It came from a tank running on VHO's. The salinity was 1.026, PH was about 8.3. Id did not get his ALK numbers I am running it under a 250w Iwasaki 6500k now, in a 55. It's still holding, all the other frags are doing real well, and have been moved to the show tank to grow out.

SueT

John, if the frag came from under vho's and you placed it halfway up under iwaski's I think it may have been too much light too fast. Even with your acclimation process. The fact after you moved it down it has stopped{thankfully;) } makes me think that all the more.

I have an ORA tortuosa and it got knocked over and only 1 tip was burned but it has taken this coral so much longer to heal. It's incredible.