Blackbeltmom's RSM250 Build

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Nice clowns. I'm really starting to like these black variants that are coming about these days.

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
Thanks.
I thought about keeping a Platinum to replace my Picasso pair that died in my tank mishap, but my husband fell in love with the Fancy Snowflake. I actually think that I might like it more than a Platinum, since it has more color.

Nice clowns. I'm really starting to like these black variants that are coming about these days.

I'm really curious about your radion upgrade.

Specifically, which model did you get?
How long has it been now since the install?
Any issues?
Do you still run the stock cooling fans that come in the red sea hood?
Is light dispersion a concern? Seems like most LED's are mounted at least 8-12" above the tank?
Are you still running the factory splash guard?
How do you control the LED's? It looks like the buttons would be concealed since being placed into the hood. I am running an Apex controller, which I believe is compatible with these but I have no experience.

I'd just replaced my T5's again. That was a quick $120 or so bucks....

My tank is doing really well under the T5's. Lots of growth. More coralline than I can keep up with. However, I love the colors and shimmer of the LED's. I just don't have a ton of confidence in the Steve's kit. No reason why... Everyone seems to like it. Something in my gut says no. Radions on the other hand.... :)

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
This is one of my favorite pieces. It is a purple sponge that I got from a RASOC (our local reef club) member about two years ago. It was probably between one and two inches when I put it in my tank.
The pipe organ to the right came from Grace at the Reef Farm in Raleigh, NC. It was probably quarter size when I brought it home.

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Jason Fox Jack O Lantern Leptoseries
imagejpg1_zps09121a21.jpg

This coral is incredible.