Bites RSM 130D

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Terry,

At what level of ammonia is harmful to inhabitants? I have a bunch of snails and mushrooms that came on the LR.

Also, my PH is on the low side, around 7.8. Do I need to be concerned about it or is that just from the cycle

Any measurable level of free ammonia is harmful to some degree. Yours is pretty high at 1.0 - hopefully the life that came with the rock will make it if it starts to drop soon. It doesn't sound like you have much choice right now.

Don't worry about the pH. Ammonia is less toxic at lower pH, so don't try to raise it now!

Bites

Thanks Tammy for the link. That's the pop I was looking for until I decide I want to do a full LED conversion :)

Bites

Cycle is complete, got the usually diatom and green algae all over the sand and rocks. I think I got every bad hitchhiker possible aiptasia, colonial hydriods, digitate hydriods and I think it was a majano anemone. I got rid of most of them with Aiptasia-X, seem to do the trick.

PH: 8.2
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates:20
Salinity: 1.026

I am going to do a water change tonight and pickup a CUC. How much water do you suggest for the water change after a cycle?

And my Vortech MP10's power supply is dead... Getting a new one shipped out.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
That's better! I'd do at least a 5 gallon change, 10 if you can hack it. That's a bummer on the MP10 power supply quitting. :(

Bites

Thanks Terry

I haven't had the best of luck when it comes to the equipment. The RSM was shipped with one plastic foot missing, my RO/DI booster pump leaked and my replacement was missing it's connectors.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Terry

I haven't had the best of luck when it comes to the equipment. The RSM was shipped with one plastic foot missing, my RO/DI booster pump leaked and my replacement was missing it's connectors.

I hope that was the end of the bad luck!

Bites

My new additions

Frogspawn
IMG_2447.jpg

Textus Snail
IMG_2450.jpg

Little Bear Conch
IMG_2452.jpg

It's been a interesting weekend, bought 2 peppermint shrimps and one molted yesterday and the other one is pregnant, I will have free food soon but I got no fish in there yet. All my Aiptasia are gone!
Saw this ugly looking worm that only comes out at night, think it's a type of ribbon worm. Should I try and take him out, he is about 3"

Dweezil

Cycle is complete, got the usually diatom and green algae all over the sand and rocks. I think I got every bad hitchhiker possible aiptasia, colonial hydriods, digitate hydriods and I think it was a majano anemone. I got rid of most of them with Aiptasia-X, seem to do the trick.

Bites ~ Did you get rid of the digitate hydroids with the Aiptasia-X?
Everything I've read say's that does not work on them but if it does I'm willing to give it a go.

Bites

Hi Tammy,

I was able to get rid of the both the colonial hydriods using Aiptasia-X just covered them and plucked the tubes out a day later. I used Aiptasia-X on the digitate hydriods and it has yet to surface. It was in a hole in my LR, I just covered it up with Aiptasia-X