biocube destruction...

jnohs

i noticed a clam i had cracked shell and i new was going to cause my tank to nuke. but i failed to act. then to day my bicolored blenny was missing. so i started looking for him and when i looked around the back there was a long hirline crack down the middle of the tank that when i cleaned off the salt that had built up i started to leak pretty bad.. so then decided to put everything in my 55. wasnt to bad 1 large rock abunch off rockrubble both covered in in nice coraline alge. i even scraped off the back wall. to get allthat 2 year old alge.not go to waste.i found my blenny in the very end in the back bottem of the biocube. i had to take the entire tank outside and turn it up sidedown with my wife and her friend and look for it to drop ou some where. oh yah with flash lights. i finally found him . he isnot doing to well.and the clam with a cracked shell was being eaten alive by nassarius snails. at least 6 were inside it chewing away. i threw them back in the bay a min ago. had to put a bunch of stuff in my nice tank though. deffinalty need a water change and some new carbon media with in the next few days

Scouter Steve

You put critters from your tank "back in the bay"? Not a good thing to do. Even if they came from there. Being in our systems with things from around the world you would be releasing unknown things to a new area.

On another note: sorry to hear about your clam and tank crack. That sucks.

lcstorc

He put the stuff in his bigger tank not the bay.
Any idea what caused the crack? Seems very odd that the clam cracked and the tank cracked.

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
he threw the half dead clam into the bay, which would be fine, a little extra food for the crabs.

Like lynn said, 2 cracks for no good reason? sounds like something doing some demo work for you.....heard any cracking noises? like a mantis shrimp?