BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Came home from a weekend out of town to find my 90g tank not "Full". Immediately I started trouble shooting and my Mag18 Return Pump wasn't running. Checked breaker, then power unit and then plugged it directly into another outlet and nothing.

I unhooked and removed the pump and found the "Draw-string" from my "Carbon Bag" wound around the impeller inside the pump stopping it's movement. I had to completely take the unit apart (luckily they are VERY easy to take apart) and removed the "draw-string". Cleaned everything and it fired right up.

Warning to all... make SURE you have your "Draw-string" where it can NOT get into your pump! This could have been BADDDDDDD!!!!!

framerguy

Dang Al! I am glad crisis was averted.

I am coming your way next sunday to meet Michelle and hopefully you at the Asheville Aquarium. You gonna be able to make it?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sunday? I'll dang TRY and be around! that would be GREAT!

Whatcha bringing me? LOL!!

It's not long till "Lake Season" so it wont be long till we're heading to Hiawassee :) How far (time wise since distance is misleading because it's a curvy road) is it from where you are to Lake Chatugge(Sp?)?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Why do these things always happen when we are not around? I'm glad it didn't cause any problems and that the pump is still in working order.

If Asheville wasn't so far away, I'd be right there with ya all!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Why do these things always happen when we are not around? I'm glad it didn't cause any problems and that the pump is still in working order.

That's exactly what Julie said. We had friends helping up carry our stuff in (it was snowing like CRAZY at the time) and I immediately went into "Search & Rescue mode".

If Asheville wasn't so far away, I'd be right there with ya all!

Scott "Globally Speaking" we're "right down the road". Give it some thought :)

Techno-Vicki

Wish I could join you all, but way to far away. Allen, sorry about the trouble. I know all about all the water draining.:smack:

framerguy

Sunday? I'll dang TRY and be around! that would be GREAT!

Whatcha bringing me? LOL!!

It's not long till "Lake Season" so it wont be long till we're heading to Hiawassee :) How far (time wise since distance is misleading because it's a curvy road) is it from where you are to Lake Chatugge(Sp?)?

That is an hours drive from me Al. My daughter went to college up there, I know the route well,..bring your barf bag, it's a curvy road. We have a lovely guest room as I have mentioned and you are welcome to it anytime.

What am I bringing...hmm, I have a cabbage leather frag that looks good. The jury is still out on the second frogspawn frag (first one is spoken for), but it looks much better this morning. I would like a little caulerpa since we are trading stuff...:bouncer:

I am heading to my moms in a bit to cut some trees that have fallen and to clean her grill for some "traveling" money. She's loaded and would just give it to me but I won't let her.

See ya soon!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Greg you're welcome to anything in my tank but I was just being silly. I honestly don't have ROOM for anything else. If I'm not careful I'm going to have to start tossing stuff out LOL!! Just kidding.. mostly!!

What time are you planning to be at TAA? Sundays tend to be CRAZY but I'll try my dangest to at least "make an appearance".

Where are yall heading to? Which route are you taking? What are your plans?

:)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Just some RANDOM shots from a few weeks ago (Battery went DEAD over the weekend)

Hammer Coral right after "Lights On" in the morning. . .
IMG_6223.jpg

Zoa Rock and Zoa Bridge
IMG_6245.jpg

Mushroom Rock (started from just 1 or 2 mushrooms)
IMG_6248.jpg

The start of a Mushroom Garden (we hope right?)
IMG_6250.jpg

If you'll look closely you'll see where a couple of Mushrooms have voluntarily dropped and taken hold way back behind all the rock-work and in a VERY dim part of the tank.
IMG_6253.jpg

IMG_6254.jpg

And here is a "Center Shot" before the battery died
IMG_6255.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Looking good Al! The tower is taking on a life of its own and is starting to look very natural. Great work my friend!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks everyone! I'm pretty darn pleased with the tank right now. I need to MOUNT some of the corals and get rid of the "Frag Rack" but for the most part I'm pleased to this point.

Great Picts, you loving your new camera?
Well honestly I'm "on the fence". I think I got a "LEMON". After about 10 pictures it would go into ATOMIC SPEED mode and shoot about 30 frames in about 5 seconds (FASTER than it's capable) and then go into "Error 99". I'd have to pull the battery and reset it to take any more pics. I called Canon and they said it needed service and I shipped it to them. In less than a week I had it back ( I think it's actually a NEW body) so I can't complain. The battery was dead last night so I had it charging. I'll know more soon.

Thanks for looking everyone.

Allen :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Nice Allen! It's really starting to look like a reef now. I love that huge rock full of zoas. Very natural looking. :thumbup:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Frank :) It's shocking how MUCH the Rocks and the Zoas have really spread out. The brown zoas all started from 4 lil polyps and now that rock (the size of a volleyball) is completely covered over about 80% of it's surface and the other was a "Man-Made" rock I bought at the LFS. It was "Dry" and I just added a couple of Zoas and the rest "self fragged" and took off. Looks really cool up close :)

Stacef

Just stopping in to say hi! Good thing you caught your pump issues before things got worse! The pics are looking great, I have some mushrooms doing the same thing, choosing the weirdest spots to grow :) Keep up the great work Al, looks beautiful!