Bgouges Rsm 250 on zeovit

Bgouges

Had some dramas recently, my power supply on my leds decided to die, as such i currently hhave a 185w led keeping things illuminated for the timebeing until the new power supply is posted to me, was gona use this opportunity to upgrade the leds to two radion xr30s but decided agaisnt the matter, would rather put that money towards a potential sump upgrade.

This is how things look atm under my releif lights
image.jpg

And a few shots from around the place

10cm orange ric
image.jpg
Clam 1
image.jpg

clam 2
image.jpg
new zoas
greens and alien eyes
image.jpg
image.jpg

Oxylebius

Had some dramas recently, my power supply on my leds decided to die, as such i currently hhave a 185w led keeping things illuminated for the timebeing until the new power supply is posted to me, was gona use this opportunity to upgrade the leds to two radion xr30s but decided agaisnt the matter, would rather put that money towards a potential sump upgrade.

So, what did you finally decide to get for lighting?

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looking good mate! :)

Shipping on the lifereef sumps is ridiculous so be prepared to pay through the nose haha nearly the same price as the sumps themselves!! Can't wait to see what upgrades you mate though!

Bgouges

hmm a very valid point i hadn't considered yet. The just look so neat and tidy! i may just have to get one made in that case, i just want to be able to run a better skimmer and allow an easier access to the zeo reactor, as t is with a hang on reactor i have to use a chair to react over the tank, unhook the reactor and shake, which isnt toooo much drama but iltd be nice to simplify it :) ive been slowly moving the softies out to my rsm130 which will run just lps and softies, allowing more room for sps/zoa combo in the 250, so shes gona look a bit like a desert until everything grows out :(

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Nice acro's, that first one is pretty special!

The lifereef sumps are pretty special and awesome but the shipping is REALLY expensive lol so it ends up not being worth it, see if you can find a tank builder to mirror it and buy one of their overflows, it would work out similarly :)
Hopefully all the transitions all go smoothly for you :)

Bgouges

New power supply came so my lights are back to normal :) makes me realize the difference the lights made, now a few of my colonies have lost a bit of colour.

Time to start progressing with my sump idea. I have ordered a lifereef overflow and silencer, that should get the ball rolling when that arrives, trying to source a skimmer, thinking the bubble magnus around $500 or a reef octopus to similar extent, either way a cone. Thinking of buying a simple wall unit and re bracing it with timber suppports, that way at night when i have the sump/fuge or frang tank running on alternate cycle to DT it wont light up the whole room. sooooooooo

- still need to source a sump, i know the lfs make them to your design, just a matter of sorting out what i want.
- source a skimmer
- start on cabinet reinforcing, including hanging brace for leds. this was the cheapest part to start on :)
- order eheim 1260 or 3000 if chiller will be plumbed off return
- leds are full spectrum 185w (my backup lights)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
It looks like an a. granulosa with the growth form of a. echinatas lol I'll have a more in depth look when I get home though as I don't quite think it is a. granulosa :)

Bgouges

It looks like an a. granulosa with the growth form of a. echinatas lol I'll have a more in depth look when I get home though as I don't quite think it is a. granulosa :)

Thanks buddy! haha yeh ive been having a browse around i cant really find much convincing me of its origin, i hear you with the echinata growth pattern. once its settled ild be happy to post you a piece :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks buddy! haha yeh ive been having a browse around i cant really find much convincing me of its origin, i hear you with the echinata growth pattern. once its settled ild be happy to post you a piece :)
I'd offer a swap but it seems that due to your customs regs it might make that hard haha I'm confident it's a. granulosa though, I have a proper look and I can't find anything else that it might be :) It looks a little like a. loripes butt the corallites aren't right so a. granulosa is my confident ID, it's just got an awesome growth pattern :D

Bgouges

I'd offer a swap but it seems that due to your customs regs it might make that hard haha I'm confident it's a. granulosa though, I have a proper look and I can't find anything else that it might be :) It looks a little like a. loripes butt the corallites aren't right so a. granulosa is my confident ID, it's just got an awesome growth pattern :D

Haha yes customs over here dont like to make things easy. Thats no dramas ill let you know how it progresses and when i can i will send you some :)

Bgouges

Been a while, been busy with tank upgrades :) ive decided i want a larger sump so ive ordered the lofereef siphon for the rsm, then gona plumb uo a frag tank through the sump also. The frag tank will be significantly larger than the rsm250. Ive built the cabinet for the upgrad myself just gotta paint and attach the doors. Then gona build an identical stand for the rsm to sit on side by side. Thinking of running an ati t5 fixture over the frag tank, the hybrid mowermodiles are out of my price range. So far i have a rlss r10 skimmer, dc 4000 return for the rsm250, dc6000 for new tank return, 2 x mp40s for the new tank, sump amd cabinet in the process of being fabricated :) heres afew snaps
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg