Before and after MH

Dingo

And this is why MH lighting rocks. The top photo is my purple monti after a few months of 250W 14K PFO MH lighting. The bottom photo is how it looked after 2 months of 96W PC lighting. The coral is in a 10 gallon tank. (The top photo is newer :p )

498monti_growth1.jpg

Anyone else have any "Before MH, After MH" photos?

Last edited:

addict

Wow... what a difference.
Looks great! :clink:

Only one catch... the photo is just showing up as a broken link... I think something is awry... I saw the pic on the home page though and looked it up there.
Hrm... maybe I'll have to get one of those brown monti's at the LFS and see if I can color it up.

Thanks for sharing. :)

wooddood

the wood dude
i could'nt get the link to work either but also saw it in the gallery. what type of lighting setup?never mind i just read it in your post :hammerhea

Dingo

Oh for crying out loud. I linked it from the gallery and the thing changed on me. Hopefully it's fixed now. If not, then I'm stumped.

The monti was sold to me as a Purple Tipped Montipora, so I wouldn't bet that a brown one would color up like that. You probably need to at least have the potential for color at the start.

Dingo

Apparently the mods re-categorized the photo to another section. I thought it was just going to my album. I wasn't actually blotto when I posted. Really.

Last edited:

ReefLady

Staff member
Hey Dingo, the photo gallery thing can be a bit confusing... when you upload a photo, pick a category from the list such as "fish" or "SPS." (the appropriate one for the pic of course). That way when people want to browse photos they can see photos from all different members.

Sorry for any confusion.

Travis

ReefLady

Staff member
BTW awesome color. Can't wait to get my purple monti under halide, though the thing has grown like crazy under my 3x96.

T