Beautiful hitch hikers

Heliox

I assume these beautiful blue creatures are squirts? I had 5 of them and now there are 3. Is there any way to keep them healthy? I think I read that they are near impossible to survive.
They are almost etheral in their translucent blue and white winged mouths.

This forum is excellent. I just found a tiny 7 legged starfish on the side of my tank this morning and because of the warnings that these little creatures can feed on corals, I quickly removed it from the tank. Perhaps averting a disaster with corals later when I start to populate my tank.

Attachments

• hitch hiking squirts.jpg
    hitch hiking squirts.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 206

seafansar

Very cool! They do look like tunicates (sea squirts). Don't know how to best care for them. Maybe put them in an area of high flow and feed them some coral food?

Heliox

Well, by chance that is what I am trying. I hadnt put any food into the system until yesterday and thought I might try the coral food. Thanks, will see how it goes.

ReefLady

Staff member
Very cool! Not sure if they will survive long term, but those are awesome. Best of luck.

l3fty999

I've had some little white ones, I think that's what they are, and every time I turn over any LR there they are...

Take care
Aaron