Bangaii Breeding..Here we go, We got Eggs..

SeaMunky

Hey Snelly, now those look much easier eh!!..I think I may just order them myself and give it a whirl...thanks for the link!!!

SeaMunky

Day 8:
Well all is stil well, no change really...
I found those ready to eat bbs through my lfs, they ordered me 2 jars, they said they are perfect for what I need..so thats good..alot less work thats for sure, and less bubbling noise too...lol..They're pair just had babies, 15 days old..omg they are so adorable...I cant wait :)
I was reading in this months magazine, that Banggais are becoming extinct, they are being taken in high numbers, their population is down by 30% in their original location at Banggai Island..Thats crzy, we need more breeders, and more people to buy captive breeds of all species when available..
They have no chance of makin the numbers in the wild higher because the fry stick close to their parents, so they end up collected with the adults...Its such a shame...

jellyman

Just get regular grade A brine shrimp eggs. I use them exclusively for my baby bangaii. I have never had one choke on the shells. I usually buy the 8oz. jar and it lasts about 3-4 months. The issue you will face is getting them off the live baby brine and onto prepared frozen foods. They will reach a size were they spend more energy eating the baby brine then the baby brine provide and they will starve. It is critical that you get them off the live foods around 5-6 weeks after being released. Do a couple of practice batches of baby brine so you are ready as soon as the baby bangaii are released.

SeaMunky

Hey Jelly..
Ohh ok..thanks..AS soon as I was told they would choke, I decided not to go with the reg eggs, but you seem to have no problems, so maybe I will try a batch of them and see how it goes..Thanks so much for the tips..this will be my first batch of fry, so I am hoping to do it right the first time around..but isnt everyone...hahaha
:)

Snelly40

here is my homemade urchin...
urchin.jpg

Snelly40

woohoo, now i just gotta figure out whats wrong with my computer :willis:

thanks for your help, it was easy to make, half a stick of that marine epoxy and a bunch of toothpicks

SeaMunky

mommy is still releasing eggs from yesterday...man how many can she hold..
If you look at the male, you can slightly see the glob of eggs showing, I tried to get him in mid yawn but I was alittle slow..

SeaMunky

lol Blue..I hear ya..his mouth doesnt close now...I am transferring him to the fry tank on Day 13..I am told this is safer because at Day 13 they are free swimming by this point...