Banded Coral Shrimp

reefer4200

any fish that comes in their territory will get the claw if the shrimp can feels threatened. Very common, however they will not chase fish or such. Great reef addition IMO and i love my guys!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Stenopus hispidus gets along well with most fish and invertebrates (see exceptions, below) in an aquarium. However, triggerfish and many eels will dine on Coral Banded Shrimp when given the opportunity. This shrimp will actively clean fish, when presented with parasites.

BigJay

my coral banded is non aggressive to any fish in my tank but it hates the skunk cleaner shrimp. They never actually fight since the skunk cleaner knows to haul butt if he sees the coral banded coming. I have seen my coral banded strip a candy cane/trumpet coral of its sweepers. It wasn't hunger based as it just clipped them and let them go in the current.
I know its a little irrelavent but I think shrimp are much more evil then crabs.

Slickcg33

imo they can be very aggressive when something comes near them. however its mostly bluff.
it will come after my clowns and they could care less. he doesnt harm them, just puts up his pinches and acts all TUFF. It has a lot of personality and they are a great addition to a reef tank.
Where their aggression does become more then a bluff is with other shrimp in a small tank. ive tried a blood shrimp in my tank on 2 different occasions and both times it ended with the coral band shrimp killed it. i do have sunk in m tank which he goes after but its quick enough to get away. however i notice from time to time the antenna feelers on the skun get chopped down a bit.

Mad Marik

Thx for the responses

I like them alot, they have very cool personalities, just wanted to make sure they werent a active threat to my reef tank

Cheers!

r2d2

I changed mine for a cleaner. CBS was all day hanging or hidding and never see him.
Now new cleaner is very useful and graceful to watch for.
Greetings